The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Dukefan711

Who replaces Samsonov?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best candidate to replace Samsonov in the lineup?

• Zach Boychuk
    • Zac Dalpe
    • Jerome Samson
    • Jon Matsumoto
    • Drayson Bowman
    • Other

Hah! I've mentioned this to a couple of fan friends more than once. Skinner gets run too often. I like it!

Quite honestly its the one line combo that hasn't been tried yet, why not? We're all rooting for Bodie to score where I sit. I think when he does, the place just may erupt.

I had asked about Samson previously, and I heard his skating keeps him out of the NHL. With the playoff push so tight, I would think Boychuk would be the most obvious choice, he was surging offensively and Paul Maurice plays him on all lines, unlike Samson who just plays on the 4th line. He also has 4 goals already, I say give him a chance. But I think its obvious the top 3 prospects are Boychuck, Dalpe, and Samson, which order it should be is tough to say.

Jim Rutherford was on 99.9 the day he traced for Stillman. Aside from all of the recycling jokes, he did get around to talking about the top prospects from Charlotte. He said Samson was the most NHL ready of the bunch. Boychuk and Dalpe still needed to work and strength and conditioning...but Samson was there and ready. And that's why he's here today.

I just would think that Boychuk would give us the best opportunity to win. He was a high draft pick, he has 4 goals and 3 assists already, so why not put in the guy with the most goals and points out of all the prospects? Samson was a minus 2 last night, and we need to score goals. Just my opinion, I think Boychuk, like Sutter, deserves a chance, now that Samsonov is gone, it just makes the most sense to me.

Edited by Dukefan711