• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#31 PeteMoss

PeteMoss

Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

Leaving the arena on the west side we heard lots of broken beer bottles.

#32 canes-in-7

canes-in-7

Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

When each team is at their home arena.

WOW! thanks and can't see how a fan(atic) can do that, esp base who they root for on where they playing that night. Do not see how you can switch allegiences that fast so if had a back to back home/away with buffalo, you root for the canes to win in game 1 and root for sabres to win game 2.. I could never do that..I like the blackhawks also( esp since the old man kicked the bucket), so root for them as my west team,but home or away when play the canes, i'm a canes fan.. guess different strokes for different folks.

#33 Heracane

Heracane

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

We'll definitely be there again. Fortunately, we haven't experienced any issues with overly "enthusiastic" Buffalo fans! We had two guys behind us the other night who were friendly and just enjoying the game like we were. Frankly, it's Pittsburgh fans who I'd rather avoid lately - I've been much more bothered by some of their behavior.

#34 Deadcalm

Deadcalm

Draft Pick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

i am not a season or group pass holder but i was looking for a good game to take my son to that had playoff ramifications other thatn the obvious. i was going to buy tickets to the Redwings game in April from a co-worker that is a RW fan but that was the last game i took him to so i wanted him to see a different team.
So i bought two tickets to the game against the Slugs.

I can't imagine not going to this game because of the opposing fans, i will be there and it should be a wild affair.
Go Canes.

#35 djharley

djharley

DJHARLEY

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationISLAND OF ANTI-POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Every team has fans that embarrass the whole fan base. Not just Buffalo.

Well said,,there are jerks everywhere!

:thumbsup: LET'S RIDE!!!!! :thumbsup:

#36 PerfectStorm

PerfectStorm

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

The game last week was very tame compared to some Buffalo games in the past. Was very odd, kept waiting for something to happen but it never did in my area.

The last Pitt game on the other hand was wayyyy worse. We tailgated outside starting around 4:00pm and it was car load after car load of Pens fans (most with NC plates) with their windows rolled down yelling Go Pens and yelling directly at us that the Canes suck. The say the least it was very annoying...but its part of the game, I guess.

My opinion is that the Pens are taking over the title from the Slugs.

#37 fkelly

fkelly

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

I have to LOL at this one. :lol: :rofl:

Some dude over at letsgocanes started this whole self proclaimed crusade (including this thread too)to get Canes fans to come to the Slug game in April. Not a bad idea right? Youd think, but not only has his thread been linked from the Sluggies board for their entertainment, but this dude posted the STH code and link so anyone can now get the fan appreciation cheaper tickets! He's personally responsable for supplying some Sluggies with cheapo tix.

So now, instead of getting more Canes fans in the seats, he's made it so the Sluggies can now get our STH discount too. Awesome work! :thumbsup:

Whatever. Just go to games and dont let another fanbase dictate whether you go or not. Its threads like this all over the Canes sites that fuel the fire with the slug fans. They already know two things:
1) they're hated as a fan base down here and probably most other places too
2) its guaranteed that Canes fans will post all over the internet before and after a Slug game complaining all about them and their drunken behavior giving them all the attention they crave. Not gonna change a thing.

quote from the Slug board

As far as I can tell, its true. I don't know why they would leave it open like that. Although I do appreciate the coincidence that 'Canes fans posting to "fill ###### in their seats" has resulted in me getting 5 Sabres Fans to the game for 75% off :-) (Sect 115, Row WW, seats 8-12). I've also passed it along to many other fans in the Raleigh area. My CC has been charged and I do have tickets in hand.

Edited by Whaler1, 07 March 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#38 legend-1

legend-1

Retired Jersey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

First of all, the above post hits the nail on the head.

Secondly some Canes fans can't afford to buy tickets. You really need to keep them in mind when you post things that seem to come off as "your a lesser fan for not being here" It's nice some of you are STH's and nice some can drive the so and so miles to the game...and so on. Just keep them in mind when you call out a fanbase. Maybe you don't include them but trust me those fans take it personally even if you don't include them.

That said.

I get what he's trying to do but I would really not want the Canes after me for potentially thousands of dollars of lost revenue because I handed out the STH code to the entire world. Whether or not I thought the Canes would consider it small potatoes.

Edited by legend-1, 07 March 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#39 cc

cc

Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCastalia,NC

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

That said.

I get what he's trying to do but I would really not want the Canes after me for potentially thousands of dollars of lost revenue because I handed out the STH code to the entire world. Whether or not I thought the Canes would consider it small potatoes.

Cmon now Legend. You act like those 3 letters are some kind of secret code. You really think that there are not some Sabres fans who are also Season Ticket Holders. for the canes. No lost revenue for Galeforce . The money is the same color for both kinds of fans. I am sure the Canes Org is happy to take either and glad to see the airplay this is getting. Exactly what "Canes" are going to go after the aformentioned poster?

#40 legend-1

legend-1

Retired Jersey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

*rolls eyes*

#41 cc

cc

Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCastalia,NC

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

*rolls eyes*

*sticks out tongue*

LOL Ain't this fun?

#42 pkling

pkling

All Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

I have my seats for this game...and would not miss it. I will be loud and proud wearing My CANES jersey :thumbsup: Let's go CANES and Caniacs! As for fans of other teams seating in the seats at the RBC center...Go ahead...Thanks for "paying" us a visit :razz:

#43 TSA

TSA

Carolina Hurricanes

• Root Administrators
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

I'm beginning to miss "The Great Babchuk Debate" threads after reading through this one.

#44 coastal_caniac

coastal_caniac

Retired Jersey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts
  • LocationEdenton, NC

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

I think the poo-poo hit the fan on the recruitment effort, regardless of the intent.

#45 canes-in-7

canes-in-7

Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:09 AM

I'm beginning to miss "The Great Babchuk Debate" threads after reading through this one.

babchuck was a closet buffalo fan and buys tickets to give to sabre fans... true story :grin: j/k

Edited by canes-in-7, 08 March 2011 - 07:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users