The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

I'm throwing in the towel on this season...

Somebody here is gonna have to give up beer. That's gonna make for a tough playoffs!

I originally said I would give up beer for the Stanley Cup Playoffs if the Canes ran the table & got in. While not quite running the table they do now control whether or not they get in.

So, I stand by my bet, & will not drink beer during the entire 3 months of playoffs if the Canes win tonight & get in. It will be hard to eat crow without beer to wash it down. But I will gladly do both to see the Canes get in.

Well...that was just sad....but the last two games summed up the entire season...to play so well one night....and then play so bad the next.....Just sad!!! :censored:

And yes I'm drinking beer...but I wish the Canes would have won tonight..

Now, I only got the Pens to cheer for in the playoffs...and another team I hate (Rags) got in. :puker:

Edited by rocheccw

Well...that was just sad....but the last two games summed up the entire season...to play so well one night....and then play so bad the next.....Just sad!!! :censored:

And yes I'm drinking beer...but I wish the Canes would have won tonight..

Now, I only got the Pens to cheer for in the playoffs...and another team I hate (Rags) got in. :puker:

I would be interested to say how the WSH/Rags series turns out, considering how the season series went.

Thats just sad.

Mo haters. Jeez There is NO way a team can get through this type of stretch without good coaching.

I am not a MO hater but I am not a MO liker either. Looking at the coaching results though, it proves he is relatively a .500 coach, which puts him on the fence. He has good moments and bad and the I see these bad out weighing the good at this point.

To make it to the playoffs, you have to be better than "average". And, despite what some may say, there is a difference in a good coach and a great coach. Mo cannot motivate his players and/or makes very poor judgement. Look at the goaltending. Peters played in one game since the start of January and it was against the defending Stanley Cup champs. Last night, Peters should have been put in after the Lightning scored their 3rd goal in the first period. But, since Peters has quitely sat on the bench all season, there was no way he could have played well so, we had to leave Ward in and just suffer.

I do think it would be in the best interest for the Canes to let him go and bring in someone with a great track record. And 'yes', I am a Daniels fan so, bring him up and give him a shot.

Until next year....GO CANES!

What a disappointing game that I went to. I know that they tried hard, but the way they played was like slapping the fans in the face. I wouldn't want to complain of some calls that those ref did not make because we got plenty of PP, but we couldn't finish it. Couldn't even take the puck into the attacking zone. I don't understand why they had to dump the puck in? They played well against the Red Wings and Thrashers because they did not dump the puck in that many times. Especially in the PP, they dumped the puck in and had to waste the time to fight along the board to get the puck back. Most of the time they would not get the puck back and the opp would clear the puck. And then, they still attempt to dump the puck in over and over and over and over... One of the worst games I have ever been to this season besides the game that the Flyers beat us real bad earlier this season and the game against Blue Jackets.

On the way home, I turned on 99.9. I think people who called are OBSESSED by SKINNER FEVER. They are saying that next year is gonna be our year and Skinner will be the one who carry the team to the cup. Skinner is so frigging good. As a rookie, he got 31 goals and 32 assists. That's awesome! But hey.. Guys, how can you put the hope on an 18-year-old kid? Put the responsibility on this kid's shoulders? Think about it how much pressure it would be with that age. Besides, it's a team sport. We need more effective players in the 3rd and 4th lines to help the 1st and 2nd lines some.

For everyone who doubts about Staal's leadership, I'd say this. He's a great role model. He's been playing hurt since that stupid hit against the Pens. He still played because he knew that the team needed him. He could not have some times off because the schedule was so tight and they needed every single point. If the team was so great and was a sure thing in the playoffs, he would have had some times off for maybe 5 games like Ovechkin, Crosby, etc. He should be respected.

I was hoping like hell I'd have to come in here and eat crow last night...but then the two things that plagued us all season showed back up and made my prediction come true: no defense and no power-play. And then Mo came out after the game and disclosed that Staal was playing hurt for the past three weeks...BRILLIANT!

Ok JR...here's your chance to redeem yourself for a bad trade deadline...you can start by sacking Joni.