The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

I'm throwing in the towel on this season...

It all really comes down to the NYR vs ATL game tonight.

Probably...hard to predict which NJ team they will face Saturday. But even if NYR win tonight, a Canes win tomorrow keeps them alive. Buffalo still in reach too. I give them credit, I didn't think they'd keep it this close. After 08 I didn't dare think they would.

I don't think so. Rangers win tonight, we win tomorrow, and it all comes down to Saturday night, right?

Right, but doesn't matter now! With the Rangers loss, we win we're in. Thrash wore themselves out blanking the Rangers, but Pavelec looked really good. Time for this team to show its character.

Right, but doesn't matter now! With the Rangers loss, we win we're in. Thrash wore themselves out blanking the Rangers, but Pavelec looked really good. Time for this team to show its character.

The result tomorrow has huge implications. If we win, then I think the pressure of a MUST win on the Rangers will be too much for them.(if they lose against NJ, then even if we lose against Tampa, we are in on the tie-breaker)

IF we win tomorrow, I see the Rangers losing to NJ. I am hoping that it all does not come does to the game against the Bolts.

It would be nice to win tonight, then we are tied with the Rangers, but ahead on the tie-breaks. Since the Rangers play at 12:30 on Saturday, a loss by them(pending we beat Atlanta tonight) and we can play the TB game loose as we would had clinched the 8th seed before taking the ice.

The team could go out and play hockey and enjoy the last game this season that would be, for all intents and purposes, a meaningless game.

Go CANES, continue the magic! :rockon::notworthy::yippee:

guess those 'sports stats" chance of canes making playoff's "slightly" higher than 7% this am, from yesterday and rangers 86% slightly lower. :lol:

Just really hope after the 3 last 'teases", now that we control our playoff destiny AGAIN, we do not let it slip through hands again!.. ITS NOT OVER UNTIL WE SAY IT IS!

And nice to see ex-cane ladd leading the charge last night in the 3-0 victory over rangers!

guess those 'sports stats" chance of canes making playoff's "slightly" higher than 7% this am, from yesterday and rangers 86% slightly lower. :lol:

You have stale data, it is much better than that.

The Canes control their destiny, but the stats are still lower than 50% simply because the Rangers are currently ahead.

Folks, it ain't over yet. Celebrate the fact that the Canes can win and get in, but THEY STILL HAVE TO WIN.

Stats on the last day will be 60-40 if everything goes right (i.e. Canes win in regulation tonight). They have to win!

Edited by wxray1

You have stale data, it is much better than that.

The Canes control their destiny, but the stats are still lower than 50% simply because the Rangers are currently ahead.

Folks, it ain't over yet. Celebrate the fact that the Canes can win and get in, but THEY STILL HAVE TO WIN.

Stats on the last day will be 60-40 if everything goes right (i.e. Canes win in regulation tonight). They have to win!

it was a JOKE.. based on before game at 7%... and now canes control their own destiny again( hence the laighing face after comment)

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Southeast/Hurricanes.html

rangers above 90%, now at 65% and of course with a canes win tonigth goes down alot more, and how sometimes the stats DO NOT TELL WHOLE STORY

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Rangers.html

Edited by canes-in-7

it was a JOKE..

Sorry, I must have had to have "been there" to get it. Old age got me. :wheelchair:

But right, stats are just stats. This is just a "monte carlo" simulation.

What is lost by the % numbers is that the reason they've gotten here is because they are 7-2-1 in the last 10. Many of us were doubting this was possible, so towels were thrown, but darn if they did it!

Now, just 2 more.

Edited by wxray1

I'm glad I left mine open ended that I gave up on the coaches. But the truth is I think the boys are fighting for each other and it's nothing Mo has instilled in them. 7-1-1 in a run for the cup but we couldn't put that toghether all year. Yea I'm a tough crowd to please.

I'll be the first to eat crow if the Canes pull this off. But they still have 2 games to play. :nailbite:

Somebody here is gonna have to give up beer. That's gonna make for a tough playoffs!

not going to forget the year where all we had to do to get in the playoffs was beat the Kitty-kats and we lost

I'm sure the team won't either. ;)

not going to forget the year where all we had to do to get in the playoffs was beat the Kitty-kats and we lost

The Rangers have their own demons in this area too, and much more recent...

EXACTLY why I'm not going tomorrow. I went to that game 3 years ago; sold out crowd, all excited because the Panthers hadn't beat us at the RBC in like 4 years, blah blah blah. So disappointing.

Fast forward to tomorrow, and I'll be at home watching!

Somebody here is gonna have to give up beer. That's gonna make for a tough playoffs!

I'll give up beer, as I don't drink anyway.

Sorry, I must have had to have "been there" to get it. Old age got me. :wheelchair:

But right, stats are just stats. This is just a "monte carlo" simulation.

What is lost by the % numbers is that the reason they've gotten here is because they are 7-2-1 in the last 10. Many of us were doubting this was possible, so towels were thrown, but darn if they did it!

Now, just 2 more.

exactly!!!. and that was my point 10 games ago.. many based not making the playffs on canes going 5-5 or worse the last 10( see the 10 game prediction thread), BUT "IF" they instead went 7-3 or better it was likely they would be in, and so far that is holding up- .. Feels great!!,, BUT I still have the emotional scars of the "all canes need o win is one of last 3 and we win the South division" 3 years ago, to get too cocky or even think "in the bag".. but rather have this than the situation last week, controlling our destiny always better! : )

EXACTLY why I'm not going tomorrow. I went to that game 3 years ago; sold out crowd, all excited because the Panthers hadn't beat us at the RBC in like 4 years, blah blah blah. So disappointing.

Fast forward to tomorrow, and I'll be at home watching!

Thats just sad.

I'm glad I left mine open ended that I gave up on the coaches. But the truth is I think the boys are fighting for each other and it's nothing Mo has instilled in them. 7-1-1 in a run for the cup but we couldn't put that toghether all year. Yea I'm a tough crowd to please.

Mo haters. Jeez There is NO way a team can get through this type of stretch without good coaching.

Mo haters. Jeez There is NO way a team can get through this type of stretch without good coaching.

We're in this situation because the team blew 2-3 opportunities to begin with. Great coaching.

We're in this situation because the team blew 2-3 opportunities to begin with. Great coaching.

I have another opinion. Fans threw in the towel. Thankfully enough have picked them back up to make a difference.