The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
j-willie

Womens: UNC vs. Duke

I'm thinking someone didn't put the anti-Dook bias aside. Come on, man, you can't deny that she's pretty. I never said she was smoking hot... but she's definitely nice to look at.

Your All American girl - great taste! Brains, athleticism, and good looks. If she's got the personality to go with that beautiful smile, she's a steal.

I'd trade a 5th round draft pick for her.

HAHHAHHAHAHA

I'm thinking someone didn't put the anti-Dook bias aside. Come on, man, you can't deny that she's pretty. I never said she was smoking hot... but she's definitely nice to look at.

She's actually really nice, I've met her a couple times.

I really enjoyed hearing Lindsey Harding and Allison Bales speak after the game (don't know if they showed it on ESPN), it was refreshing to hear athletes that expressed such gratitude toward the fans.

Hopefully the wheels won't come off in the tournament.

Oh, and since it was a Duke victory:

"Fight Blue Devils Fight" - according to the Cameron Crazies:

Fight, fight, Blue Devils,

Fight for Duke and the Blue and White,

March on through,

For the slam dunk's there for you

Go Devils!

We're gonna win tonight,

CAROLINA GO TO HELL!

So turn on the steam, team,

FIGHT BLUE DEVILS FIGHT

Lucky you to have met her. By the way, not surprisingly, I think she's already taken... but by Paula, of all people.

To each his own. It is a great sport, however. Especially when played with passion (not necessarily synonymous with the NBA, however - that bling-on-the-brain DO weigh one down!). I'm a Hoosier by birth and we are most definitely raised on the b-ball! sigh. Ain't nothin' like March Madness. Two guys I went to high school with (John Laskowski & Tom Abernathy) played on Bobby Knight's perfect season, NCAA championship team that Scott May was on. They went on to play in Chicago on the Bulls, and I'd go watch their games and so I got to see when a little ol' draft pick out of the ACC named Michael Jordan first appeared. We all loved him to death from the first appearance. The boy never played under 100%, and was such a great TEAM PLAYER. It was fun and magical to watch him 'come up' in those years.

Anyway, in Indiana, basketball is as much 'religion' as it is on Tobacco Road, only it's the whole state, and has been that way for over a hundred years. My mom had always been a football fan - nothing else mattered. But when she was confined to bed during the last stages of her death from lung cancer, we were watching the first rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament, and that year, there were a ton of upsets, and every game was played like the security of the planet was on the line. Such unreal intensity. She looked at me and asked, 'What have I been missing all these years?' :shock:

Uh-huh. Basketball can be a glorious sport to both play and witness. HOOPS!