The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whatthepuck

Project... help?

I'd be willing to bet my life that neither of you has ever had a cantaloupe.

Then you're dead, Gipper, because I actually grew them in my backyard one summer.

Really?

That's odd, since cantaloupes only grow in Europe.

I'd be willing to bet my life that neither of you has ever had a cantaloupe.

Then you're dead, Gipper, because I actually grew them in my backyard one summer.

Really?

That's odd, since cantaloupes only grow in Europe.

Educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantaloupe

Cantaloupes were first introduced to North America by Christopher Columbus on his second voyage to the New World in 1494. The W. Atlee Burpee Company developed and introduced the "Netted Gem" in 1881 from varieties then growing in North America.

*checks* ummm I think Male

I hate all fruites. :D (yes I'm serious)

Do you perhaps like some kinds of fruits that some don't consider "fruits"?

I mean the likes of pumpkins, cucumbers, squash, tomatoes? You know - the more vegetable-y kinds? :)

Or perhaps you could list just the fruit you hate the least, I guess. 8)

our household, a mixed bunch of fruit if ever there was one:

male 38: cantaloupe

male 38: strawberries

female 28: strawberries

female 50: blueberries

The years I lived in Southeast Missouri, my patients continually educated me about the area. In a group of little towns on the Mississippi there, the sandy soil made for perfect fruit growing. The peaches are heavenly, but the cantaloupe grown there used to be shipped to premium markets all over the world. One patient showed my photographs of trains chartered by Arab sheiks to ship cantaloupe and watermelon from farms there to barges that would take the fruit down the Mississippi to New Orleans to waiting ships that would then take them to the Persan Gulf ( this was early 1900's, btw, near the turn of the century). I still have never tasted fruit as good as the stuff I got from the family farms down there. I used to buy fresh and freeze enormous amounts so that I could indulge all during the off-season. It was heavenly...

For a project in my math class I have to take a survey.

So, instead of having me stand outside of the mall or the movie theatre, I decided maybe I could just do it on here and it's just as easy to get responses.

I wanted to know if you guys would be kind enough to tell me your favourite fruit :D

All I need you to do is post your gender, age, and favourite fruit! I need a 100 responses (I plan on getting some at school, so I don't quite need that many, but the more I can get the better!)

If you guys could help I'd totally appreciate it =]

Female

Age 45

Mango

8)

Jan/GSBG