The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

The Official 2011-12 Off-Season Thread

It'll be interesting to see whether Sanguinetti gets time with the big club this year. I wonder if we'd showcase him for a possible trade. I just don't know where he fits given all the other puck-movers we have. But again, coming off an injury, he may spend the entire year in Charlotte just getting himself back into it.

First let me say I'm glad this thread is almost over, since it is officially no longer off-season, it's pre-season!

Second, on the D, we have enough guys to make competition that much more significant and depth is good for injuries, if we end up having any. Those that don't fit in or don't hack it can be dealt, but I think they are going to try to get through with what they have right now. One thing with younger guys is they don't get injured much (see last year). If Allen stays healthy and Gleason is back to form, we may be OK. The biggest question right now is who of the top 7 is sitting on 10/7?

BTW, I like hearing Gleason-Pitkanen. I hope it works, though if it does I wonder why they never tried it much before.

So somebody refresh my memory, just where do we normally post stuff "in season" and not on game days? This has been a pretty good off season thread, lots of good discussions, but does anybody else want to put this off season away? I vote close this one.

So somebody refresh my memory, just where do we normally post stuff "in season" and not on game days? This has been a pretty good off season thread, lots of good discussions, but does anybody else want to put this off season away? I vote close this one.

Very good point. I always count the season as starting on opening night. But we have a training camp thread so.....maybe it is time close it.

Very good point. I always count the season as starting on opening night. But we have a training camp thread so.....maybe it is time close it.

Last year we had the "in between games"thread. You guys can start a new one if you'd like.

This has been a great thread. 1600+ posts. Great place to discuss things when nothing was happening. But agree. Gladly, not really off-season anymore. Could start a PreSeason Thread. Probably not get 1600 posts, but still.