The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Charlotte Checkers Playoff Thread

Scoreless after the first period. Charlotte is outscoring WBS 16-12. Charlotte is 0-4 on the PP, hopefully we can start cashing in on some of these chances if they keep giving them to us.

Yeah, well it's hard to say how good the opportunities are without seeing it. Early on they were 0/2 but only 3 SOG, so either the WBS kill is really good or they just weren't getting a lot of chances. Looks like from the score sheet their first PP was only about 30 seconds before it was negated by a penalty. There was a big scrum at 13:42 with a bunch of penalties handed out. Dalpe and Bellemore for 2 minutes roughing, Fitzgerald 4 minutes. Veilliex for WBS got 4 and Craig 2, all roughing. Man I wish these games were on TV.

Brett Sterling scores to give WBS a 1 goal lead. There's about 2 minutes left in the first.

*WBS scores again early in the 3rd period to make it 2-0.

Edited by ericncsu

WBS scores an empty netter to seal the game. It should finish 3-0, there's about 30 seconds left.

Charlotte goes 0-7 on the PP, but also is perfect on the kill with WBS going 0-5.

This guarantees a game 5 in Charlotte. Same as last series, so maybe not such a bad thing.

I am going to game 3 and probably game 5 this week in Charlotte. First time I have been to a game there. Had a few questions for people who have gone..... What time do the gates open 6pm?? Warmups at 6:30?? and what is the food like at their arena, is it similar choices to what RBC has?

I am going to game 3 and probably game 5 this week in Charlotte. First time I have been to a game there. Had a few questions for people who have gone..... What time do the gates open 6pm?? Warmups at 6:30?? and what is the food like at their arena, is it similar choices to what RBC has?

Hello,

Doors open an hour before game time so yes 6pm. Warmups are usually around 6:30-6:40 with face-off about 5 minutes after 7.

As far as food well someone else will have to chime in as I rarely get concessions. But you can get nachos, hot dogs, bar-b-q sandwiches, burgers, etc. You can also get Bojangles as some of the concession stands sell some of their items. Just be aware that there was a entertainment tax recently added to concessions :thumbdown::bangHead: (as if they were not expensive enough), so a $4 hot dog turns into $4.37 and a $3 soda becomes $3.42 and so on.

Have a good time thanks for making the trip to Charlotte to support our baby 'Canes :hockey:

The first game I went to I just got a bag of peanuts (which was 4$). The second game I went to I hadn't eaten anything so I got a hotdog (4$), fries ($4.50) and small soda (4$). With the tax it was 13 something. I wish they would just do even amounts like everywhere else in the world so you're not walking around with a pocketful of change. I didn't buy beer so I dont know the price, but I think it was around 7-8$ like RBC.

I don't remember the prices of everything, but the Cheeseburger was 4.50 I think, bbq sandwich 5, the bojangles supremes were 7.50$ which is a huge rip off, and doesn't even come with fries or a drink. (The combo at a real bojangles with side and a drink is like 3.50-4$). And the "regular" drink that is 4$ is tiny, probably 12 ounce (think a mcdonalds small/kids drink). The large "souvenir" cup is probably about the size of a small beer and is 7$.

This is why I don't eat at the arenas if I can help it.

Every time I go to a game I always seem to be the only one in my section that does not have a beer, nachos, hot dog, pretzel, etc. I'm surprised by this because I'd figure most people would rather get a meal before/after for the same price as a kid-sized sandwich, there's several places within walking distance that usually have specials on game day.

:groupwave:

Checkers just won game three in OT 2-1 on a goal by Sutter. We are now up 2-1 in the series against

the Baby Pens. Was listening to the Scranton radio feed-------commentators were spouting all the

Pens stats about OT goals and wins following a game 2 win etc etc------throughout the intermisson.

Then comes the OT----and all of a sudden---" Wow---that was an odd angle shot by Sutter---I just don't

know how that went in !! " Priceless !!

GO CHECKERS !!

Great win for the Checkers! Pretty awesome to have this much excitement and success for their first year in Charlotte.

The Hurricanes/Checkers have ticket promotions set up for Wed's and Friday's games and if they were smart, they would set up a bus trip from Raleigh, I bet there would be good response.

Does anyone know why Jerome Samson is noton the playoff roster but Drayson Bowman can be on it?

Samson was not eligible to be returned to Charlotte and Bowman was. Not exactly sure but it might have to do with waiver eligibility or NHL games played but I do know that Samson wasn't eligible to be sent back down.. I'm sure someone who knows the rules better than me can do a better job explaining this.