The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Charlotte Checkers Playoff Thread

Looks like more goals scored tonight than during the entire Checkers/W-B series. Wow. We'll be there tomorrow night to cheer them on.

7-4!? Are you kidding me... I thought this was supposed to be a defensive slug-match. This is not a good start to the series. I hope they get their heads screwed back on for game two or we are in trouble.

I must have misread something somewhere. High scoring is good as long as Murphy isn't let out to dry by the defense - it should work in our favor.

All the penalties stand out as something odd... 15 in one game!? That needs to be addressed and corrected. Hopefully tonight the Checkers will be better prepared and can regain control.

This not looking good for the Checkers. The Senators seem bigger, faster, more skilled, better puck handling etc etc. Last night looked like an AHL team playing against an NHL team. They made it to the second round last year but only played 8 games, sweep win round one, sweep loss round two. Now they've played 14 with 2 6 game series and now 1 and 2 on back to back nights here. They seem like they are out of gas. It's still not over yet, but they gotta play much better on the road. Luckily we have won 4 out of 6 road games in the playoffs so far, so that's a good thing.

I'm not giving up on this team but B-Ham is proving to be more of a challenge than Hershey and WBS combined. I just hope last night wasn't the final home game of the year because that was a terrible game and I feel like the we the fans deserve at least one more home game.

I'm kinda happy that these home games are over, because they seem to get more wins on the road.

Yeah, hopefully the travel will be the wake up call it's seemed to be so far. In each series they have won 2 road games (game's 1 and 6 both times), so they need to do the same here, win 2 home games and force a game 6.

I'm not feeling good about the Checkers' chances. That's a deep hole to get out of against a team that has owned them.

So we finally beat Hershey (Washington's team) and Wilkes-Barre (Pens team), only to get possibly swept by frickin' Binghampton??? I hope they won like 70 games in the regular season or something like that. Geeeez

Go Checkers

B-Ham barely got in the playoffs and they're schooling us like we're a bottom of a barrel team. I'm at a loss for words here. Are the real Checkers being held hostage or something because this just doesn't seem right.

They didn't give up, Terry scored to tie the game with a minute to go, but as already mentioned, it wasn't enough, B-ham would have still probably won the series but at least we would not have gotten swept. And so ends the book of the first AHL season in Charlotte.

To those of you who made the trip to Charlotte to see our baby 'Canes play, thank you, hope to see more of you next season.

Unfortunate ending for such a great run. What an amazing season for the Checkers and the City of Charlotte, may there be many more in their future. They have a lot to be proud of with all they accomplished on and off the ice in this inaugural year.

going way back here.... noticed on the game last night, the coach for Binghampton is Kurt Kleinendorst. Any old school hockey fan here is raleigh would know that he was the coach for many years here with the Raleigh Icecaps. One year he was coach of the year in the ECHL.

I don't know if they ran out of gas or just didn't have enough experience going that deep into the playoffs, but the Checkers looked like a completely different team. Sluggish, slow, confused, giving up odd man rushes and bad turn overs. Bad penalties at bad times. It was like watching AHL vs NHL.

The upside is we have a bunch of young guys who just got 80 + 16 games worth of development and experience which will show next year. Based on what JR said, I expect to see Dalpe in #22 for the Hurricanes fulltime next year.

I would have loved to see Charlotte hoist the Cup, but there's always next year (beauty of this sport!).