The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Evenstrength18

Who would be your go to player?

Being that every game now is a must when situation. Who would be your go to player? Who would you look to make the big play whether it be the big shot, the break away, or finding the open player for the assist? I know each situation would be unique but I was just wondering who you would want to have the puck.

In a situation where we were in need of a goal and had one last push I would tell the guys "Get Skinner the puck." Not only is he the most consistant scorer we have, but I want him to get as many goals as possible to win the Calder trophy. I want him to win it for himself, for the fans and for the oraganization so Carolina hockey will have one more feather in its cap.

As much as I would like it to be Skinner, I think its going to be Cole! He has bailed this team out this yr time after time and I hope he has a few more saves in his pocket!!

If I had a choice and the guy was open, #1 Skinner, #2 Jussi, #3 Staal, #4 Ruutu and #5 Cole (especially in the last few minutes)

for whatever its worth....timmah gleesun charging down the ice like a man possessed and looking like he just came from an auto accident. that MAN was not going to be denied. just for ***** and giggles it would make my day

Sorry it doesn't exactly fit your questions, but the fact remains, my go to player would be Cameron Ward.

This.

Of course, if we're down by one, the answer then becomes Jeff Skinner.

At first thought I'd have to go with any red jersey with a shooting lane. The boys are proving lately that anyone on this team can score, but both the Staal line and Ruutu line have been hot. Staal is racking up helpers with reckless abandon and Cole has some clutch goals for us. Everyone on the Ruutu line scored last night and that line won the shootout vs the OVs. Seems they have the hot hand right now. So all that being said I'd say get it to the kid. #53 Skinner.

Erik Cole has been clutch this year. Staal can be too, they are tied for GWG last I knew, but how many of Cole's have been late in the game or OT? Most of them. Next would be Skinner, he's the hardest to get off the puck. For finding the open man, despite a clogged lane...Pitkanen. Yep, I said it. When he's really on, he makes it look easy.