• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Habs in 4
    • Habs in 5
    • Habs in 6
    • Habs in 7

I think the Bruins win this series. As CanadianHockey88 said Boston is the better playoff team. If the Habs can win game one they have a chance. It should be a heck of a 1st round.

I don't care for the Bruins at all but I think they can get it done in 5.

I guess Montreal won't persue any legal actions against Chara for that hit a few months ago. Does that mean they can't look for other stuff to take him/them off their game? like all of the Customs/hotel personel pretend they don't speak English? Temporarily detain Chara for the illegal import of ugliness? Photoshop a picture of him with a long gray beard and dressed like bin Laden or put a 6' bed in his room?

The Bruins have already beaten down the Canadiens mentally and physically when the pressure was at its height this season. All the propaganda from the Montreal media backfired on them and I just don't think they'll be able to muster up enough to beat the Bruins. The B's will come out fast hard and physical to take away the will of the Habs early on, I'm not sure they'll have enough to push the B's back and make their own statement.

On the flip side, it'll be interesting to see if the Bruins have finally exorcised all their past playoffs demons. If they get through the Habs too easily, it wouldn't surprise me to see another playoff run fall short.

I don't care for the Bruins at all

Really? This is breaking news ;):lol:

I guess Montreal won't persue any legal actions against Chara for that hit a few months ago. Does that mean they can't look for other stuff to take him/them off their game? like all of the Customs/hotel personel pretend they don't speak English? Temporarily detain Chara for the illegal import of ugliness? Photoshop a picture of him with a long gray beard and dressed like bin Laden or put a 6' bed in his room?

:lol:

If you've been watching NESN they've been having a field day with this. They're fully expecting the Montreal Police Force for their arrival in Canada and anticipate some "customs issues".

A lot of the media predictions seem to favor the Bruins too. But then again, they highly favored the Red Sux too before the first pitch and that hasn't panned out yet either. :coollaugh:

A lot of the media predictions seem to favor the Bruins too. But then again, they highly favored the Red Sux too before the first pitch and that hasn't panned out yet either. :coollaugh:

Ok that's about enough from you Connie_threaten.gif Get back on topic you thread locker!

If you've been watching NESN they've been having a field day with this. They're fully expecting the Montreal Police Force for their arrival in Canada and anticipate some "customs issues".

HAA! Awesome!!! Hope they do try something. Would be a hoot to see what Boston would come up with.

HAA! Awesome!!! Hope they do try something. Would be a hoot to see what Boston would come up with.

LOL, lots of popcorn needed for this series.

Ok that's about enough from you Connie_threaten.gif Get back on topic you thread locker!

Hey, it was a fair comparison I'd say. It's still on topic so the force is still with me. Besides, I'm special because I'm a STH don't you know. :grin:

Baseball IS a boring sport, on TV and at the game. There's a reason they serve alcohol at baseball games.

What is it with you Buffalo fans and alcohol?

Kidding!!!!!!!!! Just a little "no playoff" humor grin.gif

Boston is a good team. I believe that they will easily pass the first round. By the way, they have history of no show during the game, so I'll give it to the Habs.

1-0 Habs end of second. Pretty good game sofar. Chara is getting a lot of shots off and has left a bunch of Habs hobling and limping all over the ice. At this pace, by the time they reach game 4 or 5 Habs might have half of the Hamilton Bulldogs in their lineup.

I thought this game lived up to its billing. It was a terrific game to watch. The out come wasn't exactly what I wanted but what a great game. Price was good in net but Bruins had their chances. Can't wait for game #2

Hard to say but credit to the Habs. They frustrated the Bruins into making costly mistakes like the Lucic turnover that led to the game sealing goal. The fans were ugly and I have no idea what Chara was thinking with that penalty at the end of the game but I have to think he has a lot of built up anger and frustration from all the drama between these two teams.

If the habs keep frustrating them and the Bruins let them, they could have an early exit......again.

You Boston fans give up easy. it was a great game and only game 1. Habs did look good and frustrated the Bruins but fortunes could change in the next game. I'm not saying Boston will win but they can. I can't wait for game 2

You Boston fans give up easy. it was a great game and only game 1. Habs did look good and frustrated the Bruins but fortunes could change in the next game. I'm not saying Boston will win but they can. I can't wait for game 2

I think it could go 7. I didn't expect the Habs to come into the Garden and play such a steady game but I also didn't expect the Bruins to get so frustrated so early. I thought the Habs might still be fighting the mental effects of the whole Chara drama but it could be that the Bruins haven't exorcised their past playoff demons, that recent loss to the Rangers was a reminder of how easily the tide can turn.

The Bruins have success when they're playing a physical and strong defensive game so I'd expect game #2 to look a lot different. Doesn't look like that huge Tomas Kaberle deal has worked out too well so far but there are more games to be played.

I think it could go 7. I didn't expect the Habs to come into the Garden and play such a steady game but I also didn't expect the Bruins to get so frustrated so early. I thought the Habs might still be fighting the mental effects of the whole Chara drama but it could be that the Bruins haven't exorcised their past playoff demons, that recent loss to the Rangers was a reminder of how easily the tide can turn.

The Bruins have success when they're playing a physical and strong defensive game so I'd expect game #2 to look a lot different. Doesn't look like that huge Tomas Kaberle deal has worked out too well so far but there are more games to be played.

If there was a glaring weak spot last night I would say it was Kaberle. I thought he was out of position several times and single-handedly stop a great scoring opportunity when the Bruins had the Habs on their heels and instead of shooting or moving the puck forward backed up and passed away from the net. On the other hand Seids had a great game.

I think we really need a sarcasm emo when it comes to my Boston comments lol.

Totally agree with you though. It was a great game to watch. Habs played the Bruins near perfect and stuck with their gameplan and Price saw all but one of the 31 shots he faced. Bruins always had at least one guy by the crease but none of them really screened Price, something I'm sure Julien will change for tomorrow.

I think we really need a sarcasm emo when it comes to my Boston comments lol.

How about this one:

bruins.png