The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
myersfa

Best-Looking Jersey?

Best-Looking Jersey?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If you could only wear one Hurricanes jersey for the rest of your life, which jersey would you wear?

• Home (Red)
    • Road (White)
    • Alternate (Black)

I am about to invest in a Reebok Premier jersey for next season. I was forced to wear a blank CCM home jersey to both an away game in Atlanta and a home game last season. I need help choosing one.

I went through this very recently myself while trying to decide what color to get for my new Skinner authentic. I used to try to have one of each color, but I've collected several jerseys in the last couple of years, so now I try to recreate a jersey from a special game/series. Example, I got an authentic Ward jersey and bought an "All Star Game" host patch via Ebay. I put the patch on the Wardo jersey and I have an authentic 2010-2011 season jersey. I ordered a white Skinner jersey and a "Helsinki" patch to represent his first game as a Cane.

If you don't want to go that route, another way to make the decision is to think of what you are going to wear with it. I think the white jerseys look good with everything. The red and black jerseys look good with most other colors, too... but that is the problem with having such awesome uniforms, huh?

Are you getting a blank and customizing it? Getting a blank? Or getting a player jersey?

Are you getting a blank and customizing it? Getting a blank? Or getting a player jersey?

I plan on getting Ward's jersey. You confirmed what I thought about the white jersey, which is what I'm leaning towards.

Edited by myersfa

As an NC State alum I guess it's in my blood to prefer the Red. I was happy when the NHL switched to colored home and white away. It never made sense to me to allow the opposition to wear their colors on the road, unless the thought is that blue clad players in a sea of red would somehow seem alienated.

I don't really care for the black jerseys, I'm not sure why they just don't seem right to me, however if I was to get a black one, I would get a black Checkers jersey, I love that alternate logo of the bear with the hurricane flag in his mouth. It would fit in even at a Canes game with the flag on the front and the Hurricane on the shoulders.

Hi, I'm a noob who can't start threads just yet until I get my post count above 20. So I was looking for a thread about the topic I've got in mind and thus am glomming on to this one! :)

My jersey dilemma is this; I'm a bigger guy and thus I like the older CCM jerseys better than the more tailored RBK/Edge ones. I guess having the most current jersey would be nice, but comfort is more important to me than being in style. ;)

Anyway, I've got a CCM replica I love. As replicas go, the CCMs blow the RBKs away. The shoulder patch is much closer to the real thing. I am however considering buying a "real" CCM jersey.

Does anyone out there have a "real" CCM jersey and care to comment on its quality versus the CCM replica? The replica is just fine, and I was trying to make up my mind whether to spend the extra jack or not.

Thanks!

I'm in Peak's same situation, so I'll make my post here. I was actually contemplating getting a Skinner jersey in either the road white or the alternate black. To me, the logos don't stand out as much on the home red. Along JB's lines earlier, I'm leaning towards the white because it's the more traditional look and will go with anything, but the black unis do look slick. Like he said, this is the problem when we have such awesome looking unis.

Does anyone out there have a "real" CCM jersey and care to comment on its quality versus the CCM replica? The replica is just fine, and I was trying to make up my mind whether to spend the extra jack or not.

I have an old Ron Francis authentic that I have worn a few times. The difference between the old authentic/replicas is kinda small I think, there is a jock tag on the replica and not one on the authentic as well as there is a fight strap on the authentic that is not on the replica. So, the replica is much more comfortable because that strap gets on people's nerves. Quality wise, I think they are pretty much the same - same patches and made from the same material, which I honestly don't like compared to the new jerseys (which are much softer). There should be plenty of old jerseys on Ebay now and then, which should be cheaper. Is there any player you are looking for or do you want a blank?

As far as which player I'll get, I dunno. The CCM replica that I have is a #13 Ray Whitney and I LOVE it. I even got the 06 Cup patch on it.

Based on that response, I'll probably stick with the CCM replica and then get either Wardo or Staal. But who knows? I may feel a little crazy and get #97 Stormy! :)

I have my own authentic jersey that I ordered from "The Eye". It's the home jersey. My last name is on it. My number is 83 I also have the "C" on it and also the 10th year logo on the right side patch since that's when I got it.