The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

RBC Center officially became the PNC Arena

At least it's an American company.

Yeah it's better than having a Canadian one since we are in the US it would make since. But RBC was here first when we went to the Stanley Cup Finals twice. I don't like the orange in the name. I do how ever liked the RBC logo design better.

I recently saw an ad on Craigslist selling tix to a 'canes game at the "Arby" Center in Raleigh - had to laugh at that one.

That's hilarious... sort of like the translations of products made in China.

Dang, now I'm craving a roast beef sammich...

Since PNC stands for nothing I'm having a hard time figuring out a nickname once the change is made. All good arenas have a nickname or are shortened.

Yeah it's better than having a Canadian one since we are in the US it would make since. But RBC was here first when we went to the Stanley Cup Finals twice. I don't like the orange in the name. I do how ever liked the RBC logo design better.

It was actually still the ESA the first time the finals were here. I think RBC bought the rights in September 2002.

But yes, we won the cup in the RBC Center so losing that will kind of sting a little, still the same building sure but not the same name.

Said it earlier, but Coca-Cola buying the rights would have been awesome.

The Islanders should feel right at home. You would think they could of at least put ARENA in red.

I guess pack n canes doesn't sound like packing canes to anyone. I vote a big thumbs down to that.

The Islanders should feel right at home. You would think they could of at least put ARENA in red.

Agreed the orange looks terrible

The jumbotron in full gastly orange is awful !! It looks totally out of place in the Canes barn ! I hate it---sorry

dear landlord ! We are not the Flyers !

Edited by UNCCaniac8

The jumbotron in full gastly orange is awful !! It looks totally out of place in the Canes barn ! I hate it---sorry

dear landlord ! We are not the Flyers !

The RBC blue was a good near complementary color to the red. Orange is not. I'm not even an artist, but I remember that from my 7th grade art class! That's why it is grating on us. Doesn't fit well with color theory.

But, hey, they pay the bills. So it's gonna stay.

The RBC blue was a good near complementary color to the red. Orange is not. I'm not even an artist, but I remember that from my 7th grade art class! That's why it is grating on us. Doesn't fit well with color theory.

But, hey, they pay the bills. So it's gonna stay.

Oh--I know it's going to stay. But to me it is awful and I will never like it. Tolerate I must--like---NO ! (The fact that

they pay the bills will never make me like it more..just sayin......) It is UGLY.

I'm with both of you and I felt like I was at a Flyers home game last night. At one point they had the PNC logo up on the big screen with a blue background and I thought that looked a whole lot less offensive. Hopefully all that orange was just a one time thing because they were working like crazy to push their brand name for the inaugural event.

All that orange clashed horribly with the Canes/Pack colors, surely someone upstairs also noticed.

I went and took a look a PNC Park the home of the Pittsburgh Pirates and guess what...NO ORANGE ANYWHERE. Not on the outside of the park and not on the scoreboard. So if they can brand their name in Pittsburgh in understated blue and gold why can't they brand their name in North Carolina in red.

Can you say marketing mistake!