The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
freewheelin_ij

Thrashers are no more - Go Canes!

Hello all. I grew up with the Thrashers in Atlanta and learned to really immerse myself in their organization. I adopted the motto to "Believe in Blueland" and have done just that. Now, as we all know, there is nothing left to believe in. They are no longer a team of the south.

Since leaving Atlanta, I have been a resident of Asheville, NC (and love it here) for three years now, and it was always easy to slip back to town to watch a Thrashers game. But not anymore. I always viewed the Canes as a worthy and respectful adversary, so now I would like to join the ranks.

I will continue to watch and root for my former boys in blue, and will wish them the best (and hope that their ownership group is willing to spend money to make the necessary adjustments and improvements), but I need a local fix. I enjoy the rush of the live game, and look forward to my first appearance at the RBC Center.

Welcome aboard, plenty of room around here for more hockey fans. You get a 2 for 1 deal with the Canes and the Checkers both here in NC. :)

Sorry you lost your Thrashers but welcome to the Caniac Nation. My son goes to school at UNCA and I always enjoy a visit to Asheville. It's a great town and they serve Egg Cream at the old Woolworth building. My kind of town. I hope you enjoy Hurricane hockey.

Welcome to our forum. I hope you enjoy everything the Canes have to offer. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any staff member.

get all the ex -thrashers fan to jump on the caniac train.. thr train will be rolling along this fall.. choo-choo :)

Welcome to the Caniac Nation! Sorry about the Thrashers moving, I hate that it happened. But, it's a new chapter for you and the Canes are a great organization to support! I look forward to reading your posts.