The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
theobald

Another former Thrashers fan

Hey guys, another former Thrashers fan here. From Norway, living in London, UK, and pretty new to the sport. Was torn between Thrashers and Canes as I have acquaintances in the area, but landed on Thrashers as they seemed to be the underdogs, and I'm a sucker for that. However with the Thrashers gone and a planned trip to Asheville and Raleigh in October to visit one of my best friends and to watch hockey amongst other things, and no connection to Winnipeg at all, I will be switching my allegiance to the only team left I feel I have any connection to, the Canes. Don't know if this seems petty, but feel it's the right thing to do.

Welcome to our forum. I look forward to interacting with you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any staff member. Its nice to have someone from the UK visiting. I would love to visit there one day.

Ref

Hey guys, another former Thrashers fan here. From Norway, living in London, UK, and pretty new to the sport. Was torn between Thrashers and Canes as I have acquaintances in the area, but landed on Thrashers as they seemed to be the underdogs, and I'm a sucker for that. However with the Thrashers gone and a planned trip to Asheville and Raleigh in October to visit one of my best friends and to watch hockey amongst other things, and no connection to Winnipeg at all, I will be switching my allegiance to the only team left I feel I have any connection to, the Canes. Don't know if this seems petty, but feel it's the right thing to do.

Wow, what an interesting opening story! I look forward to hearing your input. Welcome to the board and more importantly, welcome to the Caniac Nation!