The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jcthrash

Thrashers fan here, moved to Columbia

I'm J.C. from Georgia. I grew up on Hartwell Lake, and lived in Atlanta for 8 years, and now I have recently relocated to Columbia. I was a pretty hardcore Thrashers fan, but I always respected Carolina. They have a well built team for the circumstances, and I will be behind them from here on out. I follow Boston as well because my cousin dates David Krejci. I'll probably be spending a good bit of time on these boards. I'm excited to see what Jeff Skinner can do in his sophmore season.

I'm J.C. from Georgia. I grew up on Hartwell Lake, and lived in Atlanta for 8 years, and now I have recently relocated to Columbia. I was a pretty hardcore Thrashers fan, but I always respected Carolina. They have a well built team for the circumstances, and I will be behind them from here on out. I follow Boston as well because my cousin dates David Krejci. I'll probably be spending a good bit of time on these boards. I'm excited to see what Jeff Skinner can do in his sophmore season.

Welcome and i look forward to seeing you on the board. Your not the only one who will be a Carolina fan who also follows Boston. I would guess that you will be the only one here that ha a cousin that dates David Krejci. Look forward to talking hockey with you.

Welcome to the board, we're all looking forward to seeing what Jeff Skinner will do for an encore. :)

I added the new ThrasherCane avatar for you. Feel free to keep it, change it or replace it with this one

f_unread-1-5.png

It loos like the 2 Cane Birds that leave near each other (I'm an hour from Columbia) have the Atlanta/Boston-thing in common too.

I was raised in Atlanta and Boston was my "American League" baseball team and the "other" teams I liked in basketball and hockey, even if not my absolute favorite. As I've gotten older, Boston has risen in my respect- esp. after meeting a bunch of displaced Bostonians.

I'm no longer much of a basketball fan (thanks to the insane egos there now), but Boston is pretty high-up in my hockey interests (behind the Canes, though- esp. now) and the Red Sox are my second fav MLB team (after my Braves).

Anyone else in the Columbia-to-upstate SC area?

A get together would be interesting . . .

Welcome to the board, we're all looking forward to seeing what Jeff Skinner will do for an encore. :)

I added the new ThrasherCane avatar for you. Feel free to keep it, change it or replace it with this one

f_unread-1-5.png

I love it actually, thank you. I look forward to talking hockey with everybody on these boards. I think its great how fans of Carolina have reached out. We should all plan on meeting at a weekend game sometime next season.

I love it actually, thank you. I look forward to talking hockey with everybody on these boards. I think its great how fans of Carolina have reached out. We should all plan on meeting at a weekend game sometime next season.

Seeing that you're in Columbia let me take this time to encourage you to come to a Checkers game next season. This past season was one of the best in Charlotte hockey history. Weekend crowds sometimes draw over 10,000.

Warm southeast welcome, follow Caniac. We are glad to have you on the board and in the family! I can't wait to see Skinner on the ice again, myself. It's an exciting time to join the Caniac Nation, you made a wise choice!

Hey guys, I'm another thrashers convert. Used to live in carolina (moved right before the canes came to town), but Im also excited to see skinner and staal and to see what this team can do!

Hey guys, I'm another thrashers convert. Used to live in carolina (moved right before the canes came to town), but Im also excited to see skinner and staal and to see what this team can do!

Welcome, feel free to start your own thread in this section if you want. :)

Where are you living now?

I also want to say welcome,I live in Western NC( a little bit west of Asheville),but I too spent alot of summers at Lake Hartwell when I was growing up

my condolences on losing the Thrash,losing youre team must feel like you have lost a part of you,but hopefully,The Canes will give us all alot to cheer about soon, we have a playoff offense,and a playoff goaltender, its just the defense and the powerplay that have been killing us lateley,and I wouldnt be surprised if Skinner is even more of an offensive threat next season,there are players on every team that opposing teams simply cannot afford to give any extra ice to,and Skinner is already one of those players

I also cant wait for this season to start,it would be cool to see alot of Thrash jerseys in the stands at the RBC during our home opener against the Bolts,I am sure they will be for sure for our pre-season game in Charlotte against the Jets

Edited by Carolinafan85