Jokinen Sutter Ponikarovsky

LaRose Dwyer Stewart

Tlusty Brent Dalpe

Gleason Corvo

Pitkanen McBain

Allen Joslin

Ward

Boucher

Watching him play in Charlotte, Dalpe is a waste on the 4th line.. Why bring him up for 1:30 a night? He's second line talent for sure, especially with the guys we have now.

Dwyer is a 4th line winger, not 3rd line center. Dalpe is listed as a center. I hate how the depth chart on CH.com listed whatever position they are on the chart regardless of their natural position, if it had Staal on the wing it would list him as a left winger. I'm going by what Yahoo lists them (which could still be wrong).

How about...

Skinner - Staal - Ruutu

Jussi - Dalpe - Poni

LaRose - Sutter - Stewart

Tlusty - Brent - Dwyer

That looks much better to me.

Some of the Anti-Cole comments are really driving me nuts! He played hard for the Canes EVERY time he stepped onto the ice. The comments that he made in the interviews were boiler plate comments and are the same as any other player going to a new team. What did you expect him to say? "I'm really not all that happy to have had to leave Carolina, but I had to make the most sound financial decision I could for my family". Please... when you see ANY player say anything close to that, then complain. Even though we're not professional athletes, I'll bet many of the people who are complaining have had to take new jobs due to financial considerations. How many of you have told your new boss or co-workers on the first day, "I really loved my old job and wanted to stay there. The only reason I came here is because it pays better." Questioning Cole's loyalty is nuts. His loyalty is right where it belongs... with his family. He gave his blood and sweat to us for nine seasons, suffered a broken neck playing as a Hurricane and helped to bring us a Stanley Cup. I say, farewell and good luck Erik. Thanks for the memories. I hope we beat you every time you come to Carolina and don't expect me to cheer if you score a goal, but I'll be the first one on my feet giving you a standing ovation when come back and step on the ice.

Wish him the best-agree with "Hope we beat you every time you come to Carolina" and I may not be in the seat next to you but I too will be standing for the ovation when he steps back on the ice at the RBC center...Just like I did for...Whitney/Corvo/Walker/Lavi just to name a few...We may be "small market" fans but we are loyal and appreciate what we have/had---

Watching him play in Charlotte, Dalpe is a waste on the 4th line.. Why bring him up for 1:30 a night? He's second line talent for sure, especially with the guys we have now.

Dwyer is a 4th line winger, not 3rd line center. Dalpe is listed as a center. I hate how the depth chart on CH.com listed whatever position they are on the chart regardless of their natural position, if it had Staal on the wing it would list him as a left winger. I'm going by what Yahoo lists them (which could still be wrong).

How about...

Skinner - Staal - Ruutu

Jussi - Dalpe - Poni

Tlusty - Brent - Dwyer

That looks much better to me.

Except Ponikarovsky is a left wing.

I think we're talking to our good friends in Edmonton about Hemsky.

Boychuk, Peters and a 4th rounder anyone?

Edit: Wasn't aware of his shoulder injury and I don't know if Edmonton needs any goalie help so just throwing something out there. Boychuk would be the required first piece of this trade though.

Edited by Canesmash

I wasn't being specific in the wing positions, just line combos. According to Yahoo (which again, who knows if that is correct) the only true RW on the roster is Pat Dwyer. Jussi is listed as RW/LW, so just switch him and Poni. Ruutu, LaRose and Poni are listed as LW.

Not everyone can play in their natural positions. We have 5 listed centers - Brent, Staal, Skinner, Sutter and Tlusty. Most everyone seems to have Skinner on Staal's wing, so that's a center playing the wing. Plus Tlusty will likely be on a wing with Brent on the 4th line. Add in Dalpe (who is not on the Yahoo roster but is listed as a C on Yahoo) and that's 6 centers.

Also, considering the lines juggle from game to game it's very difficult to guess at positions.

I wasn't being specific in the wing positions, just line combos. According to Yahoo (which again, who knows if that is correct) the only true RW on the roster is Pat Dwyer. Jussi is listed as RW/LW, so just switch him and Poni. Ruutu, LaRose and Poni are listed as LW.

Not everyone can play in their natural positions. We have 5 listed centers - Brent, Staal, Skinner, Sutter and Tlusty. Most everyone seems to have Skinner on Staal's wing, so that's a center playing the wing. Plus Tlusty will likely be on a wing with Brent on the 4th line. Add in Dalpe (who is not on the Yahoo roster but is listed as a C on Yahoo) and that's 6 centers.

Also, considering the lines juggle from game to game it's very difficult to guess at positions.

Since we brought back the "MoBlender" there is no telling what the lines will be from shift to shift let alone game to game LOL

Skinner and Dalpe are both centers, but aren't ready to take on that role defensively. Easier to come in on the wing and mature into your possible "natural" position.

Skinner and Dalpe are both centers, but aren't ready to take on that role defensively. Easier to come in on the wing and mature into your possible "natural" position.

Hmmm.. that makes sense, but then that leaves us with a hole for 3rd line center. If Staal is first line, with Skinner on his wing, and Sutter second line with Dalpe on his wing, Brent 4th line center with Dwyer and Tlusty on his wings. (Or if Sutter stays on 3rd line then the hole is second line center, something I think we have needed for a while).

Boychuk, ...

Was thinking the same as I read the latest posts here after signing Stewart. Sending Boychuk back to Western Canada is the best move. I think it will take more than Peters and a 4th rounder. Heck throw in Tlusty if we can. I think it'll take a 2nd rounder in your scenario, or maybe a defender - perhaps McBain.

Does anyone know what the deal is in Nashville with their RFA's? I thought I heard somewhere that there were problems with them meeting the deadline for offer sheets? Would that mean that some of them would become UFA's?

Except Ponikarovsky is a left wing. :)

Edit: Oh nevermind, it's your lineup.

Ruutu - Staal - Skinner

Poni - Dalpe - Jussi

Dwyer - Brent - Tlusty

Better?

Washington signs Vokoun. Possibly why they let Varlymov go.. and got some killer picks in return.

These line ups just look much more blah without Cole's name in there.

Cole-Staal-Jussi

Ruutu-Sutter-Skinner

Poni-Dalpe-Stewart

LaRose-Brent-Tlusty

Ya ya, I know, he's gone, but we are just seriously weaker with no real replacement and we have too many wingers. Thus, the trade. I wait.

These line ups just look much more blah without Cole's name in there.

Cole-Staal-Jussi

Ruutu-Sutter-Skinner

Poni-Dalpe-Stewart

LaRose-Brent-Tlusty

Ya ya, I know, he's gone, but we are just seriously weaker with no real replacement and we have too many wingers. Thus, the trade. I wait.

Well with Cole up there I seriously doubt JR would have gone and gotten Stewart and I'm doubting his "story" about getting Poni to compliment Staal/Cole. I'm with you on waiting for this trade. There are a few teams up against the cap that might need to shed some salary. The Capitals, for instance, are only 544,872 away from the cap limit and still have to sign Alzner and Brouwer. There are definitely a few options out there for JR.

I would love to see this. I do like the Poni and Stewart signings a lot but they probably wouldn't be able to fill Cole's shoes

I find it funny that Cole gives us one good season on his most recent contract and now everyone wants him back. 75% of everyone on this board wanted him bought out last offseason or traded. Funny to see how quickly they forget the past. Im ok with him being gone, wish Larose was on the list too now the Tlusty is coming back

So I have seen folks mention that JR is going to use trade to get up to the cap floor? Does anybody know how much this team is looking to spend this year? Hemsky would be a good addition, and with the direction Edmonton is heading right now, they may look to offload him. I'm just trying to go through my head and see who might be available now because of cap issues.

So I have seen folks mention that JR is going to use trade to get up to the cap floor? Does anybody know how much this team is looking to spend this year? Hemsky would be a good addition, and with the direction Edmonton is heading right now, they may look to offload him. I'm just trying to go through my head and see who might be available now because of cap issues.

Check out the official offseason thread. I would be all over that. What would Hemsky cost in terms of salary?