The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JLP

Free Agency 2011

Our favorite Eklund has the Isles looking at Cole.

God I hope not. I don't want to see his career finish in an organization with no success in it's immediate future.

Our favorite Eklund has the Isles looking at Cole.

He's also got the Avs as being interested. Also a report that Hedberg may have re-signed with the Devils. Still pretty quiet so far on our end.

God I hope not. I don't want to see his career finish in an organization with no success in it's immediate future.

I know he said when he was finished with Hockey he and his wife were making Carolina home but...he is from NY...I agree I hope this does not happen. I really think he belongs in a Canes sweater.Come on JR "show him the money"! and by the way where the heck is our back-up goalie---who's left?

Well this is odd..the Avs just gave up a 1st and a 2nd for Varlamov, even though its widely reported he's going to the KHL. Maybe they changed his mind?

Now hearing that the Avs have signed Varlamov...makes sense, they'd have to be crazy to give up all that without a contract. Still a lot to give up for an unproven goalie though.

As for Cole and NYI...he may be from NY but the Island is a looong way from Oswego in more ways than one. Buffalo on the other hand...

I know he said when he was finished with Hockey he and his wife were making Carolina home but...he is from NY...I agree I hope this does not happen. I really think he belongs in a Canes sweater.Come on JR "show him the money"! and by the way where the heck is our back-up goalie---who's left?

Joey MacDonald?

Still young.

Now hearing that the Avs have signed Varlamov...makes sense, they'd have to be crazy to give up all that without a contract. Still a lot to give up for an unproven goalie though.

As for Cole and NYI...he may be from NY but the Island is a looong way from Oswego in more ways than one. Buffalo on the other hand...

OMG please NOT Buffalo---if he has to go please do not let him "shuffle off to Buffalo".That would be the last straw :crybaby:

Edited by Pkling40

TSNBobMcKenzie:

Confirming Carolina has signed goalie Brian Boucher for two years for a total of $1.9M.

This is suppose to improve our back up goalie HOW? :dizzy:

Look for Cam to play another 75 games per year. Boucher sucks!

Edited by rocheccw

Not sure how I feel about the Boucher signing.

Edit: Actually after looking at the contract details, for the money, its not too bad.

Edited by ill4mation

Boucher = good signing, bit of a comedown for him but a solid backup. I only saw Conklin ahead of him. 2 years probably means we don't see Peters again unless there are injuries.

Edited by JLP

Kinda sad we weren't able to get the Moose, but he was one of the top backups out there. Boucher at least put up some good numbers last year. May not be lights out, but had a .916 save % and will hopefully be a little more reliable than Peters was.

We've agreed to terms with Tlusty again for a year...

That's pretty disappointing for me. Didn't think he showed much and was hoping we'd use his roster spot to let a Checker make the team and see what they could bring.

I wanted Hedberg over Boucher, but I like it. A real backup. And he doesn't blow, and do you really expect anyone other than Ward to start a playoff game?

Oh it's a total of 1.9m at least it's not 1.9m/year. Still the guy blows.

You don't have much middle ground there, do ya? :huh: "Blows" seems a bit extreme, the guy has a decent if not exciting track record.

Tlusty re-signed @ $525K. I think that's minimum. I could do without this, but as long as they keep him on the 4th its not too bad.

That's pretty disappointing for me. Didn't think he showed much and was hoping we'd use his roster spot to let a Checker make the team and see what they could bring.

I was hoping maybe they'd give him a 2 way deal. Maybe there is a trade in the works to replace Cole?