The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JLP

Free Agency 2011

02 to 07 his GAA ranged from 3.02 to 3.79 with 2.76 being his best. 09-10 playing for a good defensive team he posted 9 wins 18 losses and a 2.76 GAA. I'm thrilled....

You don't have much middle ground there, do ya? :huh: "Blows" seems a bit extreme, the guy has a decent if not exciting track record.

Tlusty re-signed @ $525K. I think that's minimum. I could do without this, but as long as they keep him on the 4th its not too bad.

This is what scares me. I think we've got him slotted on the 3rd line with Sutter at a minimum, with a chance at slotting up into the top 6 from time to time. I think that's expecting too much from him, but I'm afraid that's what Maurice will end up doing.

Went with more experience vs. youth and potential

Surprised.

Still in on Cole, but for how much longer?

Tlusty may be a fourth liner if Dalpe/Boychuk live up to potential.

Went with more experience vs. youth and potential

Surprised.

Still in on Cole, but for how much longer?

Twitter reporting-JR to address media-waiting to hear from Cole :o Come on guys geeze get it done already! :wheelchair:

1 year $1M for Commie. Surprising to say the least, but similar to Eaves he may find a niche there.

I would have rather seen Conklin or the Moose behind Ward, but I guess it is an upgrade from Peters...Maybe we could squeeze 10-15 games out of him. But I don't see it.

You have to remember that he played behind one of the best D cores last year in Philly...I just see him getting lit up with the amount of shots we allow.

Man they're saying Montreal is closing in on Cole. That's pretty depressing as a Cole fan.

I'd be shocked to see Cole go to Montreal, but then again he loves the Bell Centre!

Being a Hurricanes fan on Free Agent Friday is like opening your Christmas present and realizing you got a crap load of socks... Scrape that barrel JR.

No offense to Cole or anything, but it's funny how someone just can't seem to remember that "the grass isn't always greener on the other side." Guess we could add to that by saying "but the money is!"

Ugh Cole to Montreal would kill me. The only good thing that can come out of him leaving would be a possible real goalscoring winger to play with Staal. But I don't want to lose him.

This is a stab in the back if he leaves for money. His wife loves it here. The guy is being greedy. But hey, money talks....

He has earned his right to be a UFA, surprising though that all his success has been with Carolina and he would leave for what amounts to a neglible difference. Especially going to Montreal.

One thing about it, Cole wasn't going back out west to play.

Since I don't expect the Canes to pull off anything substantial until later tonight or tomorrow my only job as a fan is to think of some clever joke relating The Waterboy to Brian Boucher for a sign next season. GO CANES!

Edited by hockeyfan1208

Does Cole not want to be here because he was not one of the Alternate Captains? I remember seeing him mad and furious after a practice at RecZone on the day that they announced our new A.