The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JLP

Free Agency 2011

I am hoping that Cole is getting the offer to bring back to JR so JR knows how much he needs to spend. Would hate to see him go up there. Argh...

Being a Hurricanes fan on Free Agent Friday is like opening your Christmas present and realizing you got a crap load of socks... Scrape that barrel JR.

So true...

Edited by JLP

Does Cole not want to be here because he was not one of the Alternate Captains? I remember seeing him mad and furious after a practice at RecZone on the day that they announced our new A.

Really? I never heard that story.

Maybe that and the hometown discount being offered are what's pulling him away. Last year he performed and definitely deserved and "A," but I can't say he did the year before...and I am a big Cole fan.

According to TSN, Joel Ward goes the the Capitals 4 years $12 million.

That's a lot for a guy like him, but I guess his playoff performance is something the Caps could use.

So it is fast and furious, and everyone's worried about Cole. But...

This Varlomav to Colorado is curious. Washington gets a 1st and 2nd round draft pick for this!

So, for next year, Go Avs! We need the Avs to do well. WAS gets the Avs 1st round pick next year. A poor showing by the Avs next year won't be good news for us (assuming the Canes and Caps are in the same division after realignment).

It is a curious deal. But, whatever...

Leino is not going to put up the points lost from Cole. Nor the character or energy he brings. Cole departing will take a hit, and only a character guy with skill will be able to replace him. Leino has skill, but he doesn't bring what Cole brings IMO.

Hoping Cole doesn't sign there. Honestly, the Canadiens? D:

Really? I never heard that story.

Maybe that and the hometown discount being offered are what's pulling him away. Last year he performed and definitely deserved and "A," but I can't say he did the year before...and I am a big Cole fan.

I was there, he looked really mad. He drove out of the parking lot on the side of RecZone real fast like crazy. Then we heard about our new alternate captains that afternoon.

Leino would be a lot "softer" than Cole is, but he's got better hands and an overall better scoring touch.

I wonder if top 6 help would come in the form of a trade?

I was there, he looked really mad. He drove out of the parking lot on the side of RecZone real fast like crazy. Then we heard about our new alternate captains that afternoon.

I would be beyond pissed off as well. They named Sutter an A over him too? REALLY?

I'm going to be beyond pissed off if Cole signs with Montreal however.