The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JLP

Free Agency 2011

Done deal Cole gone :(

4 year 18 mil? I hate this! JR better counter this with something good---waiting waiting waiting...

Edited by Pkling40

We'll never know how much JR is actually offering Cole, but if he leaves here when the offer is within $500K then he really didn't "want" to be here.

Just sayin'

:bangHead: :bangHead: :bangHead: :bangHead: :bangHead:

Yeah JR was never gonna match $4.5M a year, hard to turn that down. Closer to home there, too. Damn it.

:bangHead: :bangHead: :bangHead: :bangHead: :bangHead:

Yeah JR was never gonna match $4.5M a year, hard to turn that down. Closer to home there, too. Damn it.

Good for Cole, he would not have even gotten $4M a year here. It's really too bad.

Hope he enjoys the pressure of not performing for Montreal!

Well Mr. Cole, I would have been very understanding if you signed a lot of other places, and have no tarnished image of you. But then you picked Montreal... I will now heartily boo you out of OUR building every time the Canadiens come down here to play, no sweet homecoming standing ovation from me sir.

Now we all wait to see who replaces him. Although if JR offered 4m per, and he turned it down, I'd lose mad respect for a player I've always respected.

What makes this so depressing is that it's a 4 year deal to the enemy.

Again, no offense to Colesy, but he has to show me more than a good contract year to make me think we should have paid him $4.5/yr.

His best years are his contract years.

As I stated before, he does have good stats at the Bell Centre so maybe he will put up good numbers, but he doesn't have Staal, Skinner, Ruutu, or Whitney feeding him the puck.

Later Erik!

I'm glad for him and his family. While I would have liked to keep him at his current salary of $3 million, or lower, I don't mind seeing him go.

Last year was a good year for him but traditionally he gets hurt a lot. In his last deal he was hurt 2 out of the 3 years and missed significant number of games. I would have like to have the Cole from last season, but at $4.5 million and 4 years, I think it was wise that JR stepped away.

We better spend a few dollars to find a suitable replacement and a top six forward and not leave the team as is. I don't know about you guys but sometimes it's depressing to hear your favorite team talk about nothing but the budget when I feel like I spend every extra dollar I have on them

4 years is just too long of a contract to hand out to Cole. He has been on the IR too much & isn't getting any younger...Yes he did have a good year last year, but did you see the year before that?

4 years is just too long of a contract to hand out to Cole. He has been on the IR too much & isn't getting any younger...Yes he did have a good year last year, but did you see the year before that?

Exactly!

Waiting to hear about Leino!