The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Well I didn't think I would be so late to this party! I am also a fan without a team...I was checking out some of the other posts and it's awesome to see the welcome that has been given to all the displaced Thrasher fans. As someone said in another post, I too got the email from the Preds trying to entice us to their camp....pretty good deal actually but I've always had a soft spot for the Canes; they are the "Carolina" Hurricanes after all. I live in the upstate SC and proximity wise the Thrashers just always made sense.

The Canes/Thrasher avatar overlay is really cool too; I have always thought Canes fans were a class act and this just goes to prove it. I look forward to pulling for the Canes this year with ya'll....although can I do it wearing a Thrasher jersey? (Hey I paid alot of money for that thing!) Anyway....

By the way, does Carolina have an official Fan Club? Atlanta had a pretty strong active club so I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Welcome to the board. I am happy that you decided to join us. I hope you enjoy the message board and the team. Your Thrasher jersey is more than welcome in Canes land.

Welcome aboard, you're in good company here. Feel free to use any of the Thrasher/Canes avatars you find here. :)

The Canes have a booster club but unfortunately I'm not that familiar with it. I do know they've organized road trips in the past but I'm not sure they were on the same scale as the Thrashers booster club's road trips.

I'll see if I can find some info for you or maybe one of our members here know more about it than I do.

Glad you joined us.

Thanks for all the "Welcomes"! And I'm sure I speak for all the other X-Thrasher fans as well.

Thanks too for the Fan Club Info! I'll have to check that out some more this evening. It's pretty cool that the Checkers are affiliated with the Canes....that's just an hour or so from the house! Obviously it will be easier to see a game there than in Raleigh (although I definately see a couple road trips in my future!); so I can still feel like I'm supporting but in Charlotte.

Again thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome from the center of the I-26/385 Y!

Us SoCar-ians need to plan a few "group trips" to Caneland. We can both save on gas and have a good time together.

Another upstate hockey fan. Who knew? And close. I'm actually near Boiling Springs off Hwy 9. Welcome to the board!

Thanks Parris Bridge Rd here!

Us SoCar-ians need to plan a few "group trips" to Caneland. We can both save on gas and have a good time together.

Interesting idea!

Any of you former Thrasher fans, or anyone else thats reading this planning on coming to Charlotte for the preseason game?

?? The Checkers? or are the Canes having a preseason game in Charlotte?

The canes play one preseason game in Charlotte against the Winnipeg Jets (Atlanta Thrashers.) I plan on trying to go, if I can snag a couple of tickets. Its usually my birthday present to myself.

Yeah, I know where Parris Bridge Road is. My daughter goes to Boiling Springs Elementary, so I go down that way plenty. I go to a few Canes games a year, so the offer to ride up to Raleigh for them is on the table for any upstate former Thrasher/Canes fans.

Thanks Parris Bridge Rd here!

Interesting idea!

?? The Checkers? or are the Canes having a preseason game in Charlotte?

The Canes are having a Preseason game in Charlotte...It's the one that was scheduled before the Thrashers were moved :( (Thrashers/Canes) now (Jets/Canes)...