The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
g105

Somebody Loves Us

The Carolina Hurricanes came in at #27. Not bad. That would mean only The Ducks, Pens and Red Wings are easier for fans to support. The poor Coyotes are at #1 as the most difficult for a fan to support.

I think you guys might be misinterpreting this information. The rankings are based on how often the team makes the playoffs and how recent the team has won the Stanley Cup. It has nothing to do with fan support or anything like that. These results are actually listing how difficult it is for the FANS to root for these teams. So basically, the Hurricanes should be one of the easiest teams to root for according to these results.

I think you guys might be misinterpreting this information. The rankings are based on how often the team makes the playoffs and how recent the team has won the Stanley Cup. It has nothing to do with fan support or anything like that. These results are actually listing how difficult it is for the FANS to root for these teams. So basically, the Hurricanes should be one of the easiest teams to root for according to these results.

I thought that is what I said. Anyway it is what I wanted to say.

That would mean only The Ducks, Pens and Red Wings are easier for fans to support. The poor Coyotes are at #1 as the most difficult for a fan to support

Using their methodology. It does indicate that our low budget team has had some success.

Yeah, it's so easy to root for a team that has made the playoffs 3 times in the last 10 years in a league where over 50% of the teams make the playoffs. Twice missing by losing the last game. Right...well, they do well when they make the playoffs, that's nice. Obviously that is the major factor in their methodology. Eh, whatever. :bored:

(hey it's something to read, don't get me wrong...)

Yeah, it's so easy to root for a team that has made the playoffs 3 times in the last 10 years in a league where over 50% of the teams make the playoffs. Twice missing by losing the last game. Right...well, they do well when they make the playoffs, that's nice. Obviously that is the major factor in their methodology. Eh, whatever. :bored:

(hey it's something to read, don't get me wrong...)

I love them no matter what. But that's just me.

How are the Leafs ranked #4 on difficulty? Only the Leafs could go 43 years without a cup and still sell out just about every game with ticket prices around $200. Leaf fans are just dumb. :P

How are the Leafs ranked #4 on difficulty? Only the Leafs could go 43 years without a cup and still sell out just about every game with ticket prices around $200. Leaf fans are just dumb. :P

Or rich AND dumb :coollaugh: .

I went to see the Leafs at the ACC in 2000 when I was in Toronto playing hockey. They were beaten 4-0 by the Thrashers. The place was half empty come first intermission, which was quite funny.