The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
g105

Glenwood South - Who's it For?

Recently, My wife and I and another couple had dinner downtown and went over to Glenwood for an after dinner drink. We wanted a B&B (Benedictine & Brandy), a classic aperitif. First bar, the waitress' eyes glazed over when we ordered. She had no clue what we wanted. She checked with the bartender, who was also clueless. We left for greener pastures. Second bar was a repeat of the first. At the third place, the waitress took our order and brought out four glasses of dark beer. It was Black & Tan beer. We sent it back and went on our way to place #4. They had brandy, but no B&B, so we ordered it. Meanwhile, at almost every stop, there were numerous young women all dressed to kill, driver's licenses out to prove they were 21, going into the bars.

My take on Glenwood South is that it caters to the twenty-somethings whose idea of class is to drink a Miller Lite out of a glass instead of a long neck. Am I missing something or did we just go to the wrong places? :blink:

Well, yes. Just recently was my first visit to the area on a Saturday night. :wheelchair:

Made that same discovery of the EpiCenter in Charlotte during a recent Checkers game.