The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

Do You Agree or Disagree ?

A/D: witchking-ch1 is really good at killing threads for long periods of time.

I guess I have to agree, considering even this question about him has killed the thread for three days...

Agree/Disagree: The Lucky Charms Leprechaun looks exactly like Tripp Tracy.

3362827194_c15c3ab0d0_m.jpg

Disagree, and you shouldn't insult the poor leprechaun like that.

Agree or disagree: Pretending for a moment that he wanted it, Ron Francis would be a better head coach for this team than Paul Maurice.

Disagree, and you shouldn't insult the poor leprechaun like that.

Agree or disagree: Pretending for a moment that he wanted it, Ron Francis would be a better head coach for this team than Paul Maurice.

Agree. But then the Lucky Charms Leprechaun would be a better head coach for this team than Paul Maurice.

A/D: The fact that I responded to a question will shut this thread down for at least 24 hours.

Agree. But then the Lucky Charms Leprechaun would be a better head coach for this team than Paul Maurice.

A/D: The fact that I responded to a question will shut this thread down for at least 24 hours.

Disagree and just to be sure, I'm adding a post ;)

Agree or disagree: The state of NC will make it one week without another natural disaster hitting us.

Disagree and just to be sure, I'm adding a post ;)

Agree or disagree: The state of NC will make it one week without another natural disaster hitting us.

Agree. Tornadoes, earthquake, hurricane all in one season? The odds of something else happening in a week are infinitesimally small. We'll get by for a week. Now watch, since I said that.

A/D: Cam Ward makes through the season without injury.

Agree. Tornadoes, earthquake, hurricane all in one season? The odds of something else happening in a week are infinitesimally small. We'll get by for a week. Now watch, since I said that.

A/D: Cam Ward makes through the season without injury.

Oh boy... I'm scared of what the hockey gods will do with us for this one... I'm gonna agree since we are finally equipped with a player who could successfully cover for Cam in that situation, so we wont need him to do so. If, however, we didn't have a good back-up, our luck would see Cam get another freak injury for sure. PLEASE don't make me a jinx, hockey gods.

Agree/Disagree: The Canes would greatly benefit from most if not all of the proposed rule changes being tested in Toronto.

Disagree. Our PK is awful as it is so all of the rules designed to make PKing harder would be fatal.

Agree/Disagree: Tampa, not Washington, is the team to beat in the Southeast this year.

Disagree. Our PK is awful as it is so all of the rules designed to make PKing harder would be fatal.

Agree/Disagree: Tampa, not Washington, is the team to beat in the Southeast this year.

Disagree. I feel like Tampa had one of those seasons similar to our most recent run to the ECF. Sort of unexpected, came out of nowhere. Now they're a year older. Roloson is 42. St. Louis, as good as he is, is north of 35. I see them falling back a bit from their success from last year.

Washington's biggest hurdle, given their depth and talent and the addition of Vokoun, is mental. Tough to want to compete in the regular season if the back of your mind keeps telling you you'll be bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs anyway.

Still, I see Washington being the team to beat in the SE.

A/D: The re-structuring that occurs next summer will put Nashville in our division.

Disagree. Washington might struggle with the right playoff mentality/strategy but that doesn't mean they won't be any less dangerous during the regular season. Tampa's archilles heel is still their defense. Out of the 16 PO teams last year, only Detroit gave up more GA during the season.

Agree/Disagree: Poni will get more points then Stewart this season

Disagree. I feel like Tampa had one of those seasons similar to our most recent run to the ECF. Sort of unexpected, came out of nowhere. Now they're a year older. Roloson is 42. St. Louis, as good as he is, is north of 35. I see them falling back a bit from their success from last year.

Washington's biggest hurdle, given their depth and talent and the addition of Vokoun, is mental. Tough to want to compete in the regular season if the back of your mind keeps telling you you'll be bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs anyway.

Still, I see Washington being the team to beat in the SE.

A/D: The re-structuring that occurs next summer will put Nashville in our division.

Agree. Based on geography, travel, etc., Nashville is a logical SE team. But that's logic

A/D: The final alignment of teams will be based on what ultimately happens to the Phoenix franchise.

Disagree, only on the grounds that I don't think the Coyotes will move THIS summer, and that is when the divisions were supposed to be realigned and such. I do however, think there will be another re-alignment issue forthcoming in the next 5 years if they can't find a stable owner and the team gets moved to quebec city.

Agree or Disagree: Eric Staal will have a point-per-game pace this year? (So I guess I'm really just playing over/under with 82)

A/D: The final alignment of teams will be based on what ultimately happens to the Phoenix franchise.

Agree Although I can think of three other franchises that could be on the move in the next few year If Phoenix stays put of relocates in the west it will be easier to adjust alignment. If they move to the east it will make a new alignment interesting.

A/D Florida will have improved enough to play a major spoiler role in the east.

Disagree, they will still suck.

Agree/Disagree: Skinner scores the first regular season goal.

Disagree. It will be Tuomo Ruutu

A/D: Skinner will get a hat trick before Christmas,

Disagree, they will still suck.

Agree/Disagree: Skinner scores the first regular season goal.

Disagree, as BUF/ANA and NYR/LA would both have to be 0-0 ties heading into the shootout for that to happen, which they won't be. First goal of the year...I'm guessing Gaborik for NYR. If you'd said "first 'Canes regular season goal," then it becomes more likely, but I'd pick Staal for that one.

Agree/Disagree: Within five years, three of the following five cities will have NHL teams. (List which ones if you agree, or even if you disagree because you think it'll only be one or two)

Hamilton, ON

Quebec City, QC

Hartford, CT

Kansas City, MO

Seattle, WA

Disagree, as BUF/ANA and NYR/LA would both have to be 0-0 ties heading into the shootout for that to happen, which they won't be. First goal of the year...I'm guessing Gaborik for NYR. If you'd said "first 'Canes regular season goal," then it becomes more likely, but I'd pick Staal for that one.

I meant for the Canes. ;) Carry on.

Agree/Disagree: Within five years, three of the following five cities will have NHL teams. (List which ones if you agree, or even if you disagree because you think it'll only be one or two)

Hamilton, ON

Quebec City, QC

Hartford, CT

Kansas City, MO

Seattle, WA

LMAO, I posted a comment for that definition as well. It'll be Staal.

Asking again...

Hamilton, ON

Quebec City, QC

Hartford, CT

Kansas City, MO

Seattle, WA

Hamilton, ON

Quebec City, QC

Hartford, CT

Kansas City, MO

Seattle, WA

Disagree - But Quebec City and Seattle will

A/D Tim Gleason will re-establish his game by laying a huge check within the first 6 minutes of opening night

Disagree - But Quebec City and Seattle will

A/D Tim Gleason will re-establish his game by laying a huge check within the first 6 minutes of opening night

Agree, Tim Gleason will come out of the gates strong and try to prove himself in this contract year.

Agree or disagree: If the Canes are sellers at the trade deadline, Tim Gleason will be the first on the trade block

Agree, Tim Gleason will come out of the gates strong and try to prove himself in this contract year.

Agree or disagree: If the Canes are sellers at the trade deadline, Tim Gleason will be the first on the trade block

Disagree. Gleason is the only top 4 d-man we have that will hit someone. I suspect we sign him to a longer term deal this offseason, as I don't think Harrison or Joslin are ready to step into his shoes. I also think that if we're talking about a guy in the last year of his contract, then Ruutu ($3.8M salary hit, $4.4M contract this year) is trade-bait if we're sellers. If we were unwilling to sign Cole for that kind of money, I just don't see us signing Ruutu (a guy who is clearly playing out of position).

A/D: Cam posts at least 5 shut outs this season.

A/D: Cam posts at least 5 shut outs this season.

Disagree. If everyone is right, he'll be playing fewer games, and in general, we play more in our own end than the offensive end. Perhaps this could change with the new d-coach, but the shutout is elusive with the number of shots we generally face. Teams with high shutout counts typically are closer to 20 shots/game.

Agree/Disagree: A follow-on to the claim that Ruutu is the likely trade-bait instead of Gleason... Trading Ruutu would be a big mistake as he is our only remaining power forward after the departure of Cole (Who is going to hit on the "O"?)

Edited by hag65

Agree/Disagree: A follow-on to the claim that Ruutu is the likely trade-bait instead of Gleason... Trading Ruutu would be a big mistake as he is our only remaining power forward after the departure of Cole (Who is going to hit on the "O"?)

Gotta give a big AGREE to this one. Ruutu is one of my consistently most favorite players. They guy throws epic hits like no one else on the team. He has an infectious love of the game attitude. Has to be a great teammate. Oh and he has serious skills, putting up 57 points playing much of the time out of position. He is just outside of a top line forward, but he is an outstanding second line forward. It can be strongly argued that on balance he is our third best forward. Unless he struggles with health issues, he needs to be retained.

Agree/Disagree: It is getting harder to come up with good agree/disagrees.

Gotta give a big AGREE to this one. Ruutu is one of my consistently most favorite players. They guy throws epic hits like no one else on the team. He has an infectious love of the game attitude. Has to be a great teammate. Oh and he has serious skills, putting up 57 points playing much of the time out of position. He is just outside of a top line forward, but he is an outstanding second line forward. It can be strongly argued that on balance he is our third best forward. Unless he struggles with health issues, he needs to be retained.

Agree/Disagree: It is getting harder to come up with good agree/disagrees.

Agree.

A/D: remkin's agree/disagree basically killed this thread. :-)

Agree or disagree:

The recent plane crash tragedy of the KHL team will have some lasting effects on the NHL players and NHLPAA will put some safeguards into effect since all teams travel by plane, some way more than others.

PS: You're both killing me ;)