The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

Do You Agree or Disagree ?

The recent plane crash tragedy of the KHL team will have some lasting effects on the NHL players and NHLPAA will put some safeguards into effect since all teams travel by plane, some way more than others.

Disagree, I guess. I don't see how they could change anything to make it more safe, TSA. I might not have all the facts on the event, but it seemed like a fluke.

Does Skinner get a assist on the first goal in first regular season game?

hehehehehehehehe

"Judges?" - Alex Trebek

Agree/Disagree: Skinner will get an assist on the first goal of the season. (for Dinz - I got your back, buddy)

Edited by jb_online

Disagree, I guess. I don't see how they could change anything to make it more safe, TSA. I might not have all the facts on the event, but it seemed like a fluke.

For whatever its worth, I disagree too. After listening to some of the call ins on the radio throwing out crazy accusations with very few real facts, I wondered how many here felt the same way. I'm glad that no one here jumped on it and starting bashing the KHL for purposely neglecting the safety of their players. The truth about what really happened will surface eventually so there's no point creating unnecessary drama when the focus should really be on the people who lost their lives and their families.

Agree or Disagree:

With the new broadcast schedule finally released, the Canes will have 71 of their 82 games broadcast on FSN. Included in the new deal will be 43 games that will be broadcast across S. Carolina, Georgia and parts of Alabama (previous Thrasher territory). This will help attract more Thrasher refugees to join us and hopefully adopt the Canes as their new NHL team.

I'll agree, upstate SC will likely have the most adoptees. GA/AL will be a toss-up between us and Nashville.

A/D: At some point in the next 3-5 years, the team will unveil a new logo.

I'll agree, upstate SC will likely have the most adoptees. GA/AL will be a toss-up between us and Nashville.

A/D: At some point in the next 3-5 years, the team will unveil a new logo.

Disagree, I'm not sure why they would?

Agree or disagree

The next CBA could make or break this team's existence.

let's face it we have the ugliest jerseys in the league. not to mention needing a new team name but i don't think the chances of that are too high. north carolina isn't that well known for hurricanes. it just doesn't make sense. sure we get them occasionally but they are usually weak by then and a hurricane is nothing something a person would be quick to associate with north carolina. it's the perfect name for a team from florida or louisiana. it would be great if we could switch names with the florida panthers. north carolina already has another team named after panthers so it works out ok. aside from the fact that i don't think north carolina has any panthers. but still i think panthers would be an improvement over being called the hurricanes. at least then there would be some consistency

what's a cba?

Edited by MeleeRayRay

let's face it we have the ugliest jerseys in the league. not to mention needing a new team name but i don't think the chances of that are too high. north carolina isn't that well known for hurricanes. it just doesn't make sense. sure we get them occasionally but they are usually weak by then and a hurricane is nothing something a person would be quick to associate with north carolina. it's the perfect name for a team from florida or louisiana. it would be great if we could switch names with the florida panthers. north carolina already has another team named after panthers so it works out ok. aside from the fact that i don't think north carolina has any panthers. but still i think panthers would be an improvement over being called the hurricanes. at least then there would be some consistency

what's a cba?

Yea anyway again

Agree or disagree

Yea anyway again

Agree or disagree

Agree, but honestly, I have no idea, but I worry about it, so I agree it is a potential concern. That was a tough one. Oh yeah, for an earlier poster, CBA = collective bargaining agreement. All major sports have those.

Agree/Disagree: On October 7, the cone guys at RBC won't be there when I start my tailgating.

Agree, but honestly, I have no idea, but I worry about it, so I agree it is a potential concern. That was a tough one. Oh yeah, for an earlier poster, CBA = collective bargaining agreement. All major sports have those.

Agree/Disagree: On October 7, the cone guys at RBC won't be there when I start my tailgating.

Agree, I'll just take your word for it :lol:

So I guess when you're firing up the grill, I'll be just getting out of bed in the morning?

Agree, I'll just take your word for it :lol:

So I guess when you're firing up the grill, I'll be just getting out of bed in the morning?

Disagree: I plan on slapping a few chickens and a pork butt on the smoker at home prior to the big event, aren't you? So, we only need to be there around 11am or so on game day, and that's after the game day skate. So, the grill charcoal for lunch is the earliest, followed by the big meal in the afternoon. Those cone guys don't show up to 4 or so.

Agree/Disagree: At least one person in the RBC lot on Oct 7 will be flying a Josef Vasicek memorial flag.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Disagree: I plan on slapping a few chickens and a pork butt on the smoker at home prior to the big event, aren't you? So, we only need to be there around 11am or so on game day, and that's after the game day skate. So, the grill charcoal for lunch is the earliest, followed by the big meal in the afternoon. Those cone guys don't show up to 4 or so.

Agree/Disagree: At least one person in the RBC lot on Oct 7 will be flying a Josef Vasicek memorial flag.

You lost me at pork butt blink.gif

You lost me at pork butt blink.gif

Agree: Pork Butt (Vernacular) = Pork Shoulder (Cut of Meat) :D Sometimes they call them Boston butts in Food Lion. :omg:

Edited by coastal_caniac

Agree: Pork Butt (Vernacular) = Pork Shoulder (Cut of Meat) :D Sometimes they call them Boston butts in Food Lion. :omg:

Touche :shifty:

Agree, I think at least one person will fly a Vasicek flag and that may be you :)

Agree or disagree: Coastal Caniac could be our first message board ban since early last season, even if Whaler tries to protect him :grin:

We're getting close folks woohoo.gif

Touche :shifty:

Agree, I think at least one person will fly a Vasicek flag and that may be you :)

Agree or disagree: Coastal Caniac could be our first message board ban since early last season, even if Whaler tries to protect him :grin:

Disagree: Hey, easy there. :lol:

Agree/Disagree: TSA has demonstrated an utter lack of knowledge of cooking BBQ.

Everybody should know a full shoulder can weigh 8 to 20 pounds and has two halves, the "picnic ham" and the "Boston butt". The picnic ham, runs from the shoulder socket through to the elbow. A picnic ham is not a true ham. Hams come from the rear legs only. The picnic usually weighs from 4 to 12 pounds.

The top half of the shoulder, from the the dorsal of the animal near the spine through the shoulder blade, has too many names: Boston butt, pork butt, butt, shoulder butt, shoulder roast, country roast, and the shoulder blade roast. Calling it a butt may seem ironic because it comes from the front of the hog. No ifs ands or butts, it makes the best sandwich meat on the hog.

I asked a guy from up north one time why it was called a Boston butt and he looked at me funny.

Training camp is getting close. :yippee:

Edited by coastal_caniac

Disagree: Hey, easy there. :lol:

Agree/Disagree: TSA has demonstrated an utter lack of knowledge of cooking BBQ.

Agree, TSA has zero knowledge when it comes to cooking, eating, smelling or tasting southern BBQ. Now, if you want to talk about boiling up some Maine lobster or some Ipswich Steamed clams....I'm full of plenty of useless info and instructions. :lol:

pig_out.GIF

I do however, have an appreciation for Stormy ;)

Agree or disagree: Ryan Murphy will be allowed to play his full amount of NHL games but will be shipped back to his Jr team for this season.

Agree or disagree: Ryan Murphy will be allowed to play his full amount of NHL games but will be shipped back to his Jr team for this season.

Agree. This is funny. I was thinking of basically the same question but wasn't going to answer the A/D on the pig-out. :-)

I think Murphy gets his 9 games or whatever, but I think it'll take an injury in pre-season to one of our signed d-men for him to be on the roster. A pulled hammy from Harrison or Joslin, perhaps. Not sure we'd put 8 d-men on the roster and sit two of them, but who knows?

A/D: Jerome Samson will score his first NHL goal this coming season.

Agree. This is funny. I was thinking of basically the same question but wasn't going to answer the A/D on the pig-out. :-)

I think Murphy gets his 9 games or whatever, but I think it'll take an injury in pre-season to one of our signed d-men for him to be on the roster. A pulled hammy from Harrison or Joslin, perhaps. Not sure we'd put 8 d-men on the roster and sit two of them, but who knows?

A/D: Jerome Samson will score his first NHL goal this coming season.

Agree. Don't know under what circumstances, but he will.

A/D: No one without a hint of knowledge of Carolina barbeque should be a Root Administrator of the Canes board.

Note: Pay attention, TSA. :lol:

Edited by g105

Agree, sorry TSA, but you surprise me. Southern BBQ tastes like... a Stanley Cup victory parade... in your mouth. Kinda.

A/D: It's time to get back to talking about hockey in here.

*no mascots were harmed in the making of this thread*

A/D: It's time to get back to talking about hockey in here.

Disagree butt ok

A/D Kaberle and McBain will be together on the first Power Play unit?

Disagree butt ok

I see what you did there :lol:

Agree, you have both a left and right hand shot, makes perfect sense.

Agree/Disagree: TSA can make up ground by assuring us that oysters, a treasure from the sounds of this great state, are awesome eating.

Edited by coastal_caniac

disagree because... gross.

A/D: jb_online simply gives up. :whiteflag:

Disagree because your a Hurricane fan and a Cane fan never gives up.

A gross of Oysters would make a tasty snack.

A/D The Hurricanes will get off to a fast start this season

Disagree because your a Hurricane fan and a Cane fan never gives up.

A gross of Oysters would make a tasty snack.

A/D The Hurricanes will get off to a fast start this season

Disagree... unfortunately. #1, we are historically a slow starting team and #2, our first 20 games are brutal.

A/D: Staal and Skinner will be the only Canes to earn hat tricks this season.

Disagree... unfortunately. #1, we are historically a slow starting team and #2, our first 20 games are brutal.

A/D: Staal and Skinner will be the only Canes to earn hat tricks this season.

Disagree. Tough one to call though. Staal is always a good bet and Skinner had five multi-goal games last season but I wouldn't underestimate Jussi. He had four multi-goal games last season in 12 fewer games than Skinner plus, he already proved he can score hat tricks in the NHL and had a carrier high 4 goals vs. Avs once. Would be nice seeing all three of them getting hat tricks this year.

Agree/Disagree: Gleason will have one more fighting major than Kaberle and Brandon Sutter combined.

{sarc}