The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

Everybody Loves Puppies

My new pup is on the left. His name is Skinner. He will spend most of his days chasing ducks, geese, swans, dove, and pheasant, right beside yours truly.

Great looking puppy. He has that Can Do look in his eye already.

what a doll-baby. when you are in Raleigh, as soon as he has all his shots, bring him to one of the dog parks. in the summer, Oakwood is good in that it heavily wooded and has a good deal of shade. In the winter, Millbrook is good b/c it has lights that stay on until 10PM. Remember that a tired puppy (dog) has a happy owner.

Edited by colliefan

dogs also tear the ACLs. my oldest collie, Puck, got clipped by a Newfoundland this week and the hit tore his right rear leg. he is going in for surgery on Monday. The money I "saved" by downgrading to a 12 game plan now goes to help pay for the surgery. And, no, his name comes from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" not what they players pass around.

Puck's surgery went well. The hard part will be keeping him calm for his recovery period

Edited by colliefan

What a great looking pup! Is he a Chesapeake Bay retriever?

Thanks. No, he's a Labrador retriever. He color is "fox-red", which you don't see too many of these days. He comes out of a sire in South Dakota and a damn on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, via artificial insemination. The sire is red as well, and is well known to throw pups this color.

He will be worked hard, and is from a long line of hunting stock, and won't be a chase tennis balls in the back yard type dog.

juat an update on Puck. he had his ACL surgery two weeks ago but he developed an infection from the surgery and had to spend an additional week in the hospital, Brought him home on Sunday and is healing well. Problem now is now rehabing the injured leg

juat an update on Puck. he had his ACL surgery two weeks ago but he developed an infection from the surgery and had to spend an additional week in the hospital, Brought him home on Sunday and is healing well. Problem now is now rehabing the injured leg

Don't know if it's in your budget, but there are a couple of animal rehab facilities in the Triangle.

Don't know if it's in your budget, but there are a couple of animal rehab facilities in the Triangle.

thnks. I have looked into it, but it seems the only ones that remain in business are over in Durham.

thnks. I have looked into it, but it seems the only ones that remain in business are over in Durham.

Try the vet school - I know they have a vet in their small animal orthopedic service who has a special interest in rehab.