The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
g105

Seat Selection

Looks like Ms. g105 and I have moved up some, but not quite to the top tier yet. Are we in the second or third group? I mean, is there a 6:30 group on the 18th?

How are they doing notifications? I signed up and haven't heard. With the length of time we've had our seats, I would expect to be in an earlier group.

I got an email on 6/21.

I got an email on 6/21.

I also was notified of the time and date on 6/21. I'd call your ticket rep to find out what's going on, caneswincup.

I was notified awhile ago, too, but was given a July 20 date. I've had 26-game plan for about 8 or 9 years, so this seems late if you guys are going on the 18th and 19th.

How are they doing notifications? I signed up and haven't heard. With the length of time we've had our seats, I would expect to be in an earlier group.

I was notified awhile ago, too, but was given a July 20 date. I've had 26-game plan for about 8 or 9 years, so this seems late if you guys are going on the 18th and 19th.

Not really. I believe they go in order: Full STH; 26-Game STH, 12-Game STH, then base your date/time on how long you've been a STH. When I was a 26-Game STH, my SAS date was usually 2 days after the Full STH.

:boarding:

Not really. I believe they go in order: Full STH; 26-Game STH, 12-Game STH, then base your date/time on how long you've been a STH. When I was a 26-Game STH, my SAS date was usually 2 days after the Full STH.

Ok. Just figured Full STH are for the most part keeping their seats. But I guess it has to be 'official'. I can't complain, we've been able to stay in the same general area for the past half dozen seasons. Just anxious :-) .

12-gamers do not select seats. They get assigned by ticket ops based on best available per your ticket holder number priority.

What disturbs me, however, is they have been reserving blank rows in front of us (for phantom full STHers that join mid-season). This has pushed us way up in rows. If this trend continues, I'll just quit it. Tired of having walk-ups sit in front of us.

I think they usually wait for the Caniac Carnival, which is the weekend before the first preseason games.

Edited by JLP

Reminder that Select-a-Seat for STH starts tonight. I finally got our confirmation and we've moved up to the first group at last. Not sure how I'll find seats I like better than ours, but am going to try!

I am ready, although I don't go until 6:30 tomorrow night. Very excited. I am moving my seat location. Hope there are still some good seats available tomorrow.

It would be great to hear any updates on the outcome of todays select a seat. I'm scheduled for tomorrow and hoping that there are still good lower bowl tickets available.

It would be great to hear any updates on the outcome of todays select a seat. I'm scheduled for tomorrow and hoping that there are still good lower bowl tickets available.

We just returned from SAS and there are plenty of seats available in the lower bowl, especially on the sides from about row F and higher up. We didn't survey the end zones.

I just got home from SAS. Didn't get my first choice in the upper deck (Balcony Premier) but got just as good of seats. Stayed in the same section (304) just a different row.

I moved from 328 over to 338 into row B which is the first row behind the mezzaine section. Added 3 seats in the new 99.9 the Fan section. I was a little concerned with how many seats had paper on them though. To me it seemed as though almost 60% of the building was available last night. Anyone else notice this?

I moved from 328 over to 338 into row B which is the first row behind the mezzaine section. Added 3 seats in the new 99.9 the Fan section. I was a little concerned with how many seats had paper on them though. To me it seemed as though almost 60% of the building was available last night. Anyone else notice this?

How was the 99.9 Fan zone looking for seats and what rows were they starting at? Thanks for any information.

FYI:

I'm a 12 gamer, and I got my paperwork in the mail yesterday. Same as before, make multiple choices and they'll pick the best from your chosen priority of sections.

We also have to choose which of the 3 plans.

We spent quite a while test driving seats all over the lower bowl of the arena last night, but couldn't find any that matched the view from our current seats, so we'll be remaining in Section 111, row E. We've had these seats since 2000 and I love the action in front of the net just a few feet from our seats.

They started putting in the new seats last night, so section 120 and 121 were off limits to anyone selecting seats.

One thing I did learn was that they are NOT swapping out the first five rows of the arena. I'd previously heard everything but seats at the very top were going to be swapped out. I was hoping they'd change our seats out as cupholders would be nice.

We noticed that too...more tags than a garage sale! In a few sections it felt as if all but the first few rows were up for grabs.

Hi everyone,

My wife and I did the SAS tonight at 6:30. We took 2 of the special priced LL North side seats (last 8 rows of those sections). There were still lots of those special priced tickets available. In fact, there were lots of seats available period. Much more it seems than last year. From where we sat we surveyed the south side LL and the center ice areas. We actually saw seats available on the south side down as low as Row F. From Row F going up about 20 rows in each section there were plenty of seats. There were also plenty of LL seating on the sides. Seats down close to the ice. For all of you going tomorrow, you have lots and lots of great seats to choose from.

BTW, if you choose one of the new special price seats (highest 8 rows of the North side upper level) like I did, make sure you know the amount when you get to the ticket window. I had some problems checking out because the computer wanted to charge me regular LL full season ticket price and not the special price.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Great experience.

I was very glad I went last night. We were able to move from the second row in 332 to the first row in 334. Sure it's only one row, but being on the front row where I don't have to deal with the guy in front of me leaning forward half the game will be great.