The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
g105

Seat Selection

According to Doug Wharf's twitter, the 99.9Fan Zone has been a huge success. Maybe they'll come up with more of these creative ideas to boost ST sales like other markets do.

At least this section looks sold out:

seats.jpg

Has anyone that purchased one of the 12 game packs gotten their seat assignments yet? :popcorn: waiting waiting waiting...

Edited by Pkling40

Has anyone that purchased one of the 12 game packs gotten their seat assignments yet? :popcorn: waiting waiting waiting...

I haven't heard anything yet. I submitted my section preferences about a month ago, give or take. I was thinking about giving them a call. To be honest, I don't really remember how I was informed last year, whether it was by mail or email, but like you I'm getting antsy.

had to down-grade to a 12 game pack this year. I assume that I will know where the stuck me when I get my ticket pack

I felt like I was in the twilight zone, and I was right. :twilight-zone:

pkling asked this exact question last year. pkling, you need to take your memory pills. :) But we feel your pain. We're all wondering the same thing.

We were getting antsy last year at just this time, wondering, and it turned out that the assignments showed up in account manager about the first week of September. There was no email for me, saw it here. I'd suggest we start checking the last week of August.

Here's last year's thread.

I felt like I was in the twilight zone, and I was right. :twilight-zone:

pkling asked this exact question last year. pkling, you need to take your memory pills. :) But we feel your pain. We're all wondering the same thing.

We were getting antsy last year at just this time, wondering, and it turned out that the assignments showed up in account manager about the first week of September. There was no email for me, saw it here. I'd suggest we start checking the last week of August.

Here's last year's thread.

OOps sorry... The sad part is I've been taking them but they're not working-Good thing my car knows how to get to the RBC center without me LOL.Guess I'm getting a little anxious :mellow:

According to Doug Wharf's twitter, the 99.9Fan Zone has been a huge success.

When I first heard about the offer, I felt sure it would really help to pull new fans into the RBC on a nightly basis. It seemed perfect for larger families who want to come and see a lot of games. But I was somewhat saddened to see that national resellers were buying them 8 at a time to take advantage of the low price, and sending them all to EBay/ticket sites. I suppose there's no way to stop it, but it can't be what the Canes had in mind for this promotion.

When I first heard about the offer, I felt sure it would really help to pull new fans into the RBC on a nightly basis. It seemed perfect for larger families who want to come and see a lot of games. But I was somewhat saddened to see that national resellers were buying them 8 at a time to take advantage of the low price, and sending them all to EBay/ticket sites. I suppose there's no way to stop it, but it can't be what the Canes had in mind for this promotion.

I hope that does not happen and I agree it is so unfair. I was under the impression that you had to come to the SAS event to actually pick out the seats. Does a rep for these companies come out and just buy out the sections?

I was thrilled when our section nearly sold out and I would be surrounded by Canes fans and even considered coming to the Buffalo games. I have 10 seats now with family and friends in my account in our section. I guess I will have to wait for a few games to see if the same faces sit in the seats or if visiting teams buy them off ebay. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's home Cane fans sitting in the seats...Keeping fingers crossed!

But I was somewhat saddened to see that national resellers were buying them 8 at a time to take advantage of the low price, and sending them all to EBay/ticket sites.

This has definitely happened and not just in the Fan Zone Seats. I lost the seats I had in a 26 game plan for 3 years this year. In Section 325 when I arrived for the very first SAS for 26 game plans there were 8 seats taken in the front Row D (5-12). Seats 1-4 have a slight obstruction with the railing and seats 13-14 are great, they are up against the tunnel so noone exits in front of you but I need 4 seats. I was pretty pissed because there has never been any taken before me but I figured at least some die hard caniacs stepped up and got full seasons, as I often sat next to other fans. I also usually got the seats right next to mine or my seats for voucher games depending on whether they were in the plan or not.

Anyway it turns out that all 8 seats are up for sale on Stubhub for every game.

OOps sorry... The sad part is I've been taking them but they're not working-Good thing my car knows how to get to the RBC center without me LOL.Guess I'm getting a little anxious :mellow:

I called yesterday to ask about seat assignment for 12-game package owners and I was told that most had been assigned and that they would be released this week. I didn't ask if they would be sending an email or if it would just appear on our account, I'm assuming the latter.

This has definitely happened and not just in the Fan Zone Seats. I lost the seats I had in a 26 game plan for 3 years this year. In Section 325 when I arrived for the very first SAS for 26 game plans there were 8 seats taken in the front Row D (5-12). Seats 1-4 have a slight obstruction with the railing and seats 13-14 are great, they are up against the tunnel so noone exits in front of you but I need 4 seats. I was pretty pissed because there has never been any taken before me but I figured at least some die hard caniacs stepped up and got full seasons, as I often sat next to other fans. I also usually got the seats right next to mine or my seats for voucher games depending on whether they were in the plan or not.

Anyway it turns out that all 8 seats are up for sale on Stubhub for every game.

Yeah - something's rotten here. I know positively that the 3 seats next to our 2 were not 'owned' last season - so we went to Select-A-Seat this year to move over a few seats. We were in the 1st group to select and were quite surprised that none of those 3 seats were marked as available - and now I see, as others have noted, those 3 are being sold through the national resellers. Ain't right for the Hurricanes to be selling the seats before select-a-seat, but lots of sure money speaks loudly.

Finally They're posted :woohoo: 2 seats section 112 row P :clapper: All of the 12 game packers check your account manager they should be there...Ours posted today

Thanks. Yep. I checked yesterday morning, no dice. Must have been there later in the day.

Same row as last year.