The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

2007 NCAA Tournament

Why are the "number one overall seed" Florida Gators playing in the MIDWEST region? I worked all day, was this ever explained? Or how Florida is even the #1 overall seed? I mean, if they're allegedly the #1 team, don't ya think they'd either be placed in the East or the South? Shouldn't Ohio State or ya know, KANSAS be given St. Louis as its reward? Makes no sense.

And Sweet Sixteen OMG~DURANTvsWRIGHT!! If this goes down, it will be one of the most hyped regional semifinal games ever. If Carolina can get by Texas, they'll make it to Atlanta.

And Duke got a 6 seed cause they're Duke. They're still one and done, I don't give a crap who they play. I haven't even studied VCU. You're telling me Duke is no worse than the 24th best team in the nation?? Sure...

Oh, and one thing about the ACC title game: I was told that at one point in the game, ESPN went to a referee's mic during a timeout and the official told State PG Engin Atsur something to the effect of:

"Watch the five seconds. I know he's all over you, but if you watch the five seconds, I can get him off you." Anybody else catch this?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Never been so ticked off at the tourney comittee. How does Niagara get the play in game? They have a better RPI than all the other 16 seeds and a harder strength of schedule, beat Holy Cross (Holy Cross didnt beat one team in the tourney and is a 13 seed). Miami OH has 14 losses so maybe that's the only sense in them being a 14 seed. Niagara had the merits of a 15 seed. Can't wait for Niagara to absolute school Florida AM.

Why is their only 6 mid major schools in the tourney? Wouldn't they want more after what happened last year with George Mason, Witchita St, Bradley, Northwestern St., etc.? Two of the six are playing each other in the first round with Butler and Old Dominion. To me it's obvious the NCAA doesn't want another mid-major in the final four. Does the comittee even know if Drexel exists?

Ok Mid-major rant over :-)

Oh yeah, it looks like I got my hot little hands on a ticket to the Duke vs VCU game. 8) Go VCU! And I agree with Truecaniac, UNC has a brutal bracket, no way their getting out of that.

I am awaiting word to see if I have a seat behind the bench for the Texas Tech _ Boston College game Thurs in Winston-Salem. One of my show dog friends is an IU grad who has followed Bobby Knight all over the planet and she and her husband eventually became close personal friends (as in they sold their San Diego ranch to move to Wolfforth,TX and live down the road from Bob & wife), sit behind him for all home games, yada yada. (I am not a particular fan of the Chair Thrower, myself) Anyway, she called today to see if I wanted to attend or could make the trip over to W-S since she was flying in for the game. However, she'd only snagged one ticket for herself initially from the coach's office so now she has to go begging on my behalf. And I'm under orders that I cannot appear in any of my Notre Dame regalia, I MUST wear red. hmmmm, I'm thinking that a certain #17 Hurricanes jersey will suffice... do I dare wear a ND t-shirt underneath????

um, my death wish is not that strong right now!

And I agree with Truecaniac, UNC has a brutal bracket, no way their getting out of that.

AHHHH! I agree with a Sabres fan? lol :mrgreen:

oh man..that makes 2 of us truecaniac.

haha and yeah they have a hard bracket.

but they can do it!! :D

GO UNC!!

Got my picks in. Not happy going with OSU to win. ugh, spit, choke, Butteyes! (cough cough) Yeccch. Would love to go with Carolina blue but I just don't see them beating the Buckeyes. Hope they prove me wrong. I won't complain!

My mens Final Four is Carolina, Florida,Kansas and Memphis with the Jayhawks beating my Tarheels in the finals.....The sleeper teams will be Winthorp and Davidson and the early exits will be Wisconsin and Duke...

The womens side will see three triangle teams(Carolina,Duke,NC State )and Tennessee will be the only non-ACC team......with the Heels and Devils burning 15/501 down the night of the game and the Lady Heels exacting revenge on Duke to win it all....

and for those degenerates out there who want to know about the NIT.....I forsee Florida State in the finals......playing Syracuse...who I think got the shaft(Arkansas and Illinois along with Stanford should not be in the NCAA tourney)

playing Syracuse...who I think got the shaft(Arkansas and Illinois along with Stanford should not be in the NCAA tourney)

To sum up why Syracuse is not in the tournament: they rushed the floor after beating then 12th ranked Georgetown by 12 points.

If you are a major program, you don't storm the court unless you beat the number one team in the land or you beat your archrival under dramatic circumstances. There was nothing dramatic about Cuse's win over G-Town.

Somebody give Jim Boeheim a pacifier and his bottle cause I'm tired of hearing his K-like whining.

TarheelMike- Just because you storm the court I don't see how that warrants for not getting an NCAA bid :roll:. Syracuse stormed the court because A.) It was a pretty big upset B.) It was Senior Night. I believe Syracuse is a major program because they also have a NCAA champonship too within the last 5 years, so I don't see how they're not a major program?

TarheelMike- Just because you storm the court I don't see how that warrants for not getting an NCAA bid :roll:. Syracuse stormed the court because A.) It was a pretty big upset B.) It was Senior Night. I believe Syracuse is a major program because they also have a NCAA champonship too within the last 5 years, so I don't see how they're not a major program?

Well, I was obviously going a little over the top in my criticism of Syracuse, but just cause they won in title in '03 doesn't mean they're a top tier team this season. Carolina went from back to back Final Fours to 8-20 four years later. Now I'm not saying that Cuse is as bad as that horrible UNC team was. But I AM saying that if its fanbase truly believed it was a good team, they wouldn't overreact after beating Georgetown, a rivalry that hasn't been hot in YEARS.

This is the one drawback about the NCAA Tournament: the almost always irrelevant arguments about which middle of the road teams should be in. Who else did Syracuse beat this year? They won at Marquette and at home against Villanova, two 8 seeds in the tournament. Besides those decent wins though, they had some BAD losses: at UConn and at St. John's, two teams nowhere close to the NCAA's this year, and they lost at home to mid-majors Drexel and Wichita State, and a neutral court loss to OK State. One win over G-Town on Senior Night doesn't cut it just like Carolina's win over Duke on Senior Day 2003 didn't cut it. I honestly don't see the argument for them to be put IN. That's not saying they didn't have a better resume than some of the questionable teams in (resumes I'm too lazy to check out), but I don't understand the uproar, other than it's Boeheim whining again. He did the same thing two years ago.

Its all good Mike, Cuse is my 2nd favorite team but, I honestly believe that they didn't deserve to be in the tourney. I just don't like it when someone is tearin apart my team. :cry:

However Niagara won so my tourney is complete this year 8) So at 1 out of 2 teams ain't bad

Syracuse got whomped in the semi's of their conference, not the FINALS. If a team doesn't even make its conference finals, it's hard to make an argument for clearing bracket space for them at the Big Dance when there are so many teams to make room for as it is. The NCAA tournament has become a behemoth - the line has to be drawn somewhere. Unless a conference has an abundance of individual teams with national rankings, a semi-finalist has little place in the tournament. Look at the wolfpack... ended their year with a series of giant killings and they ended up in the NIT.

The selection comittee made the right choice to exclude a team that many thought should have been in the field, Drexel, who lost to NC State last night. We'll se if Syracuse can prove the comittee wrong tonight by beating S Alabama (and then win a few more games).

Yes !!!! My tickets came through and I'm off to Winston-Salem tomorrow for the first round games! I'm with a bunch of transplanted Hoosiers (born and raised on some serious b-ball) from all over the country. They all went to IU and have continued to follow Coach Knight where ever he goes. I'm just a hangers-on who did NOT go to IU but who is not above turning down invitations offered by well-connected friends, no sirreeee! :-)

Our seats in the sold-out LJV coliseum are just a few rows up from the floor in 110, in the curve by the basket, down from the team bench. Yeee-haw!

I promised my pal that upon arrival, I will purchase a Texas Tech Red Raider souvenir t-shirt and change into it in the bathroom, relegating my Notre Dame shirt to the bag. Oh, the price one must pay for advantages some times. At least #17 ND is playing out in Spokane so I don't feel much like a traitor. (ooh! 17 - same as Brindy's number! Good luck! Good Luck!!!)

Gosh, after all these years, I get to attend the NCAA's. !!! to a kid raised on hoops (it is not called Hoosier Hysteria for nothing), this is so sweet. What's funny is that me and my friend normally spend our afternoons feeding the dogs and cleaning out our respective show kennels - a glamorous existence, that. This is going to be a delicious day of playing hooky, and like being back in school. We were laughing about being able to say "You guys" instead of having to stop ourselves and say "Y'all". And talk 90mph and being able to understand every word! Damned Yankee reunion, here we come!

Oh yeah, and GO RED RAIDERS OF TEXAS TECH! (cough cough)

(go notre dame!!!)

Have fun watching the game that will determine who falls victim to Winthrop's cinderella run. :P

Wish I could go, though, specifically for the 9:40 game... :(

I wonder if there are any seats available for the Canes_Devils game tonite? Am thinking of just pulling into RBC on my way back from Winston-Salem and just have a day devoted to fabulous sports! Will have to call the arena on my way past it to W-S. Won't have time to stop on the way there, that's for sure. I'll pack a Canes jersey in the car just in case! Could end up becoming one of the best days of the year so far!

All higher seeds have won in the first half of today's games. The second half of games tonight should be a little more interesting, though. Dook-VCU should be good, of course, as well as Marquette-Michigan State and Indiana-Gonzaga. I'm excited for our game... it's been a while since I've been able to enjoy a blowout win.

DOOK LOSES IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!

So ends a disgraceful season for Dook. Their season was already bad enough, but the postseason was just icing on the cake. Losing in their first ACC Tournament and NCAA Tournament game. I love it!!! :D