The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

2007 NCAA Tournament

Duke looses and Carolina is running this team off the court! :lol:

The Dukesters sure have been quite here lately!

That might be because we're more hated than a Republican in San Francisco and we get attacked everytime we open our mouths, so I'm not going to say anything about the game or the tournament. Enjoy watching Carolina the rest of the way.

Not whining, just telling it like it is. Well, that and plus I'm on a dial-up connection at home (spring break) so getting on the board can be a hassle at times.

I'm just messing with ya. Your alright for a duke fan!

Not whining, just telling it like it is. Well, that and plus I'm on a dial-up connection at home (spring break) so getting on the board can be a hassle at times.

I'm just messing with ya. Your alright for a duke fan!

Haha, much appreciated. :D

Yay I thought I might have regretted putting vcu to beat duke but I guess I was right.

Stupid Duke cost me valuable points. I thought about putting VCU as winning, but thought, no Duke can beat them. I was actually being nice and had Duke going to the 3rd round. Should have went with my gut instinct...LOL.

I'm really bad at these picks. I never seem to do well. Its still fun though.

Yay I thought I might have regretted putting vcu to beat duke but I guess I was right.

Stupid Duke cost me valuable points. I thought about putting VCU as winning, but thought, no Duke can beat them. I was actually being nice and had Duke going to the 3rd round. Should have went with my gut instinct...LOL.

I'm really bad at these picks. I never seem to do well. Its still fun though.

they screwed up my bracket too!

geez that costed me.

but i think a lot of people got that wrong.

last year i got 2nd in bracket picking.

but right now i think i have only missed 3. :)

im pretty impressed with my teams right now.

Now we'll get to see if they can take down the high-flying Oregon Ducks...Winthrop is my team now that Duke is out. There's actually a guy from my old high school that now plays for Winthrop.

I can't believe Xavier blew that game against Ohio State, all they had to do was make one more free throw...

Butler beating Maryland was awesome. Too bad Michigan State didn't have the luck of the Irish today, even though they were clad in green. I think Carolina will have an easy road to the Final Four now...Texas is pretty much a one-man show with Durant and Georgetown is overrated, Carolina will probably be able to run them ragged. But I can always hope. Go Winthrop, and go whoever's playing Carolina...

On that note: Tyler Hansbrough's dad is a spaz. Like father, like son. :D

Anyone else have Winthrop beating Notre Dame tomorrow? Go Eagles.

I had Winthrop beating Notre Dame!!!

anyone else have winthrop beating oregon today...?

please jesus. [nevada too]

That's a ridiculous cheap shot that I'd only expect from a Dook fan. If you had a kid with a broken nose playing without a mask in the NCAA Tournament (especially dangerous considering how aggressive Tyler is), I'd like to see you stay calm.

The thing about Tyler being a spaz makes me laugh, though, because it's so funny how every Dook fan can't stand him. The hate is completely in jealousy. Don't even try to deny that, because it's the clear truth. Dook does not have a player like Tyler, and Dook fans are distraught because McBob was supposed to be as good as Tyler, but isn't. You guys sure don't hide your jealousy of him well.

That's a ridiculous cheap shot that I'd only expect from a Dook fan. If you had a kid with a broken nose playing without a mask in the NCAA Tournament, I'd like to see you stay calm.

i agree 100%.

it seemed to me like a small joke...dont spaz out guys. [drummer: buh-nun-chhh]

That's a ridiculous cheap shot that I'd only expect from a Dook fan. If you had a kid with a broken nose playing without a mask in the NCAA Tournament (especially dangerous considering how aggressive Tyler is), I'd like to see you stay calm.

The thing about Tyler being a spaz makes me laugh, though, because it's so funny how every Dook fan can't stand him. The hate is completely in jealousy. Don't even try to deny that, because it's the clear truth. Dook does not have a player like Tyler, and Dook fans are distraught because McBob was supposed to be as good as Tyler, but isn't. You guys sure don't hide your jealousy of him well.

WOW. Good Lord. I thought it was innocent ribbing, I expected a little retaliation about how Shelden Williams looked like an alien or something, not another anti-Duke rant. Jeez. Calm the hell down.

BTW, I'm not denying that Tyler's a great player. He is a little spastic though - just like Marty Brodeur. Sometimes Marty looks like a fish flopping around in net, but he gets the job done. Same with Tyler. He's lumbering and goofy, but he's a fantastic player.

Also, his dad had similar mannerisms every time I saw him on TV BEFORE he got his nose broken, that's why I said that. Seeing him the other night just reminded me of that. I wasn't even thinking about the nose. It was meant to be a harmless little joke, something in fun; I had no idea you'd overreact that much.

Take a chill pill, dude. You want to know about cheap shots? Try being called a rapist just because you go to Duke. Then you can talk to me about cheap shots. Honestly, you Carolina fans think we're all spawn of Satan or something. Not every little joke is a shameless cheap shot. If it SO OFFENDED YOU, I apologize, but I was NOT making fun of a father for caring about his son. Take off your Carolina blue shades and maybe you could see that.

And one last thing, about "hate being in jealousy..." JJ Redick. Call him a gay little white boy all you want, but you know that he could shoot the long ball, and Duke haters were jealous of that too. You can't hide that. We know what it feels like. Personally, I don't even hate Hansbrough. I never even said that. Being a Duke (spelled D-U-K-E; the "dook" stuff is getting about as old as the Coach K rat thing, and no one thinks you're clever) fan is not predicated on lying; whoever said I can't accept he's a great player? Am I envious that our rivals have a player as good as Hansbrough? Absolutely. No, McRoberts has not been as good as Hansbrough. But I don't hate Hansbrough for that. He's just easy to make fun of because he's a goofy-looking guy. I'm not trying to be malicious.

You're forgetting the fact that even though I'm an evil, no-good Dukie, I'm also a Hurricanes fan, like you, and we've taken our fair share of no-class comments from Buffalo fans...after that, I don't think any of us are in any position to start spewing classless comments about any team. I'm certainly not going to do that. Beneath it all, it's just sports, do you think I actually take joy in seeing someone's nose broken?

Anyway, enjoy beating up on USC, and watching the rest of the tournament. Let's try not to be pissed off at each other.

Well...anyway, back to the tournament.

All the number one seeds are still in it, and the highest seed left in the tournament is UNLV, a 7 seed. This has been an odd tourney, there haven't really been any major upsets. Who do you guys think will win it all after watching the first weekend?