The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

2007 NCAA Tournament

My apologies, DukeCaniac... I'm just so used to fans of your team being immature and making ridiculous statements. I had forgotten that you're actually a Duke fan with your head screwed on right.

About J.J., I'm not jealous that we never had him, but I won't deny that he could shoot lights out, obviously. In fact, I've been compared to him, because I've also got a great shot. My mom would call me "J.J. Jordan" and tell my friends to do the same, knowing it would annoy me, being a Carolina fan. But while I despise him, it does somewhat flatter me being compared to him, because it means people see that I'm a great shooter.

My apologies, DukeCaniac... I'm just so used to fans of your team being immature and making ridiculous statements. I had forgotten that you're actually a Duke fan with your head screwed on right.

About J.J., I'm not jealous that we never had him, but I won't deny that he could shoot lights out, obviously. In fact, I've been compared to him, because I've also got a great shot. My mom would call me "J.J. Jordan" and tell my friends to do the same, knowing it would annoy me, being a Carolina fan. But while I despise him, it does somewhat flatter me being compared to him, because it means people see that I'm a great shooter.

That's amazing, I'm jealous. :D Did you ever play high school or college ball? Closest I ever came was tryouts for my middle school team, haha...

It's fine, I've gotten more ruffled by some comments than I should have, as well, it happens to everyone when it's a rivalry.

Dukecaniac when you say "go to hell ATLANTA" is that in reference to the Falcons or the Braves. Also if it's the falcons I think you should order it "go to hell Atlanta/Buffalo/"Duke"" so that it fits with your sig.

The Falcons. Don't worry, I have no beef with the Braves, haha. Not really a baseball guy.

And don't worry, we hear enough of "Go to hell, Duke" at every Duke/UNC football game over at Wallace Wade. :D

Well...anyway, back to the tournament.

All the number one seeds are still in it, and the highest seed left in the tournament is UNLV, a 7 seed. This has been an odd tourney, there haven't really been any major upsets. Who do you guys think will win it all after watching the first weekend?

I'm still going to stick by UCLA. Ohio State clearly has some weaknesses, and I think Carolina will end up beating them again if they face each other in the national semifinal. It'll be either Carolina or Texas A&M coming out of that semifinal, I think...

On the other side, I really think UCLA is the "it" team...Kansas is overrated and I think the Bruins are more talented than Florida.

I'm just disappointed that Winthrop couldn't defeat Oregon, they were leading for a while there.

Just making sure cause if you got something against the braves we're going to have to drop the gloves.

Haha, no danger of that, but my roommate might, he's a die-hard Mets fan :shock:

My professor last semester was a huge mets fan and just to make him mad I would wear my Braves jersey, hat, t-shirt, with blue jeans. I'm hoping to get my braves tattoo this weekend.

That's amazing, I'm jealous. :D Did you ever play high school or college ball?

Played a little in high school, but it was a private school, and at that time, we only had a JV team. Sometimes we would play other schools' varsity teams... so you can imagine how that turned out. I wasn't really as good then, anyway. I was kind of hesitant to take shots, and I wouldn't even go anywhere inside the three-point line, basically. Now, I'm definitely not like that. It'd be great if I could play for Roy, but the chances of that happening are lower than the chances of everyone here loving the Slugs. :wink:

Just making sure cause if you got something against the braves we're going to have to drop the gloves.

I've got something against the Braves. I don't like them and that stupid chop thing the fans do at every game...its annoying :mrgreen:

And two words for not liking the Braves....Chipper Jones. He tainted the braves in my eyes.

O wow you just dissed my favorite team, my favorite chant and my favorite player all in one post, lock your doors tonight. I have my tomahawk sitting underneath my braves pennant, and I will be carrying it around with me the day of the start of the mlb season.

btw I'm just messing around with ya'll.

bravestattoo.jpg

this is going to be my first tat.

ok rerail to the topic at hand. GO HEELS!

O wow you just dissed my favorite team, my favorite chant and my favorite player all in one post, lock your doors tonight. I have my tomahawk sitting underneath my braves pennant, and I will be carrying it around with me the day of the start of the mlb season.

Bring on the tomahawk, i've got chief wahoo ready to go and kick some tomahawk butt :lol:

Atleast we pull for the same college team.

Go Heels.

Bring on the tomahawk, i've got chief wahoo ready to go and kick some tomahawk butt :lol:

Go Heels.

pretty sure chief knockahoma can take on chief wahoo anyday. Just look at the 1995 world series.

Go Heels.

pretty sure chief knockahoma can take on chief wahoo anyday. Just look at the 1995 world series.

I'm still bitter about that by the way....LOL

born in Atlanta, i love the braves, although since becoming a hockey fan, i havent really cared much about baseball. it's too slow and drawn out. kinda boring. btw chipper jones is the heart and soul of the atlanta braves. well, he and andruw jones. i watched alot during the javier lopez- greg maddux era. wow those were the years, IMO.....

but on to the tourney....anyone on here doing the tourney on facebook? ive got 46 points, and 12 of the top 16 teams i picked still in it.

for this tourney, i have to say....GO DUCKS....and GO HEELS.....heels beating Ducks in the NC

It will be UNC vs. Florida in the finals with UNC winning. UNC is by far the most talented team on their side of the bracket, and Florida will beat UCLA in a rematch of last years finals. In the championship game, Roy looks at the film from Florida's losses, and outcoaches Billy Donovan to win the National Championship...AGAIN!!!

Florida's not going to the title game. They're overrated. They'll get to Atlanta, but Kansas will take them down.

Florida's not going to the title game. They're overrated. They'll get to Atlanta, but Kansas will take them down.

Yeah, they had some problems against Purdue. But I still say Kansas is still even more overrated and that UCLA will take both teams down. We'll see in a few days.

Actually, I think Kansas has gotten better. I was like you and said they were overrated early on in the season, but they've improved. It'd be a great game, but for Roy's sake, I'm not sure if I should hope for them to reach the title game.

Actually, I think Kansas has gotten better. I was like you and said they were overrated early on in the season, but they've improved. It'd be a great game, but for Roy's sake, I'm not sure if I should hope for them to reach the title game.

Yeah, for some reason I keep thinking about that home loss to Oral Roberts :shock: But one game doesn't make a season, obviously. They've looked good in their two tournament wins.

I have a hard time overlooking Florida's players, they all have experience, and I think that they will all step it up when its crunch time. The other side of the bracket is obviously going to be Carolina, there is no other team that can contend with their talent.

While you can still access the link, treat yourself to this Rob Smigelesque animated cartoon in the March 21st edition of the News & Observer on-line. It is a HOOT!

newsobserver.com/cartoon:march21,2007:coach

If the link doesn't work, just get to the N&O online, sports, and then find the Coach Kommercial II: Roy Williams Strikes Back. Enjoy! - oh, and stick with it until the very end... even when the red/white N&O logo appears... wait.... because there is yet another cameo appearance before it's all over in the airport scene.

You have to watch the first Coach Kommercial, too. Both of those are just... amazing. Don't be surprised if you find yourself in tears from laughing so hard.