The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

2007 NCAA Tournament

Heaven forbid the officials call ANYTHING in the second half. Hibbert mugged Hansbrough on the second possession of OT and... nothing. Right then, I knew the game was over. I'm sure this is TOTALLY irrelevant, but the game goes to a TV timeout late in the first half, and the pro-Hoyas crowd boos the refs off the court... and after that, the officiating goes non-existant.

All that being said, Carolina STILL should've won the game in regulation with the slightest inkling of execution in the final three minutes of the game. But they settled for jumpers, probably cause they knew they were gonna get assaulted inside with no ramipercussions. We should've won, that's all I know. This one hurts.

The officiating across the board has been a joke in the tournament anyway... what a crappy Final Four this is; I gotta root for UCLA by default.

I totally agree 100%. But im rooting for OSU in the final four. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

my god that game was satisfying. Did that slam dunk at the 20 second mark remind anyone else of a slam dunk in the nc state/unc game? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

btw jordan, I think I should be able to take down this degrating sig now that unc has been shut down.

Did that slam dunk at the 20 second mark remind anyone else of a slam dunk in the nc state/unc game? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Have you ever seen the crowd reactions after a nasty dunk in those And 1 Mixtape Tour videos? Two of my friends and I were watching the game in my dorm room...when he dunked it, that's about what our reaction was. Got the guy that lives next to me all annoyed. :D

I don't understand all of the ridiculous Duke fans right now. Hmmm, lets not cheer for the only ACC team that didn't have a joke of a season this year. I guess the dookies are just ready for football season already. HA!!

my god that game was satisfying. Did that slam dunk at the 20 second mark remind anyone else of a slam dunk in the nc state/unc game? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

And like rational people, I wasn't offended that they threw one down up by 10 or so with a few seconds left.

I've figured it out; I know what the most interesting part about the Final Four will be. Who will commit more unwhistled fouls while playing with four fouls, Hibbert or Oden? That and whether Jeff Green be allowed to travel every time he touches the ball.

I was cheering for the Tarheels. Because I was forced to, but it's all good. I thought they could win it.

I actually watched the entire game.. it's like the first actual whole game of college basketball I watched. Be proud of me :D

And I thought I enjoyed Duke losing...

All this celebration is alleviating my guilt over enjoying Duke's Sweet 16 losses the past few years or so. And State's... whenever they lost the past five seasons. They made the Sweet 16 in 05, I know that.

*doing my little happy dance* I picked the Heels to exit this round! Now maybe I will creep up on some people in the standings (need all the help I can get right now!).

I don't understand all of the ridiculous Duke fans right now. Hmmm, lets not cheer for the only ACC team that didn't have a joke of a season this year. I guess the dookies are just ready for football season already. HA!!

Maybe becuase it's a RIVALRY. **dee dee dee**

And the only teams in the ACC whose season were "jokes" were Miami and WFU...even State beat Carolina and made a run in the tournament.

And yes I AM ready for football season, we might have one of the worst teams in the nation but I have a blast at the games...

I had to go for a long walk and throw a baseball real hard at my friend (we were playing catch) to get rid of my anger. Y'all don't understand how angry I was at that game, I almost broke the TV. I had so much hope for UNC. I'm not used to my favorite teams losing after getting so far. UNC in 2005 and App and the hurricanes all winning nationalchampionships in consecutive years.

I felt this didn't need it's own thread, it being tourny related.

http://www.wral.com/sports/basketball/ncaa/story/1247540/

Jason Ray, the man who dresses as the Tarheels mascot Rameses, was hit by an SUV friday night in East Rutherford, NJ.

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers

Indeed, this is something that goes beyond our little sports rivalries...unfortunately, they said the outlook for his recovery was not too good.. :( Best wishes Jason...I'm praying he'll be able to recover.

I had to go for a long walk and throw a baseball real hard at my friend (we were playing catch) to get rid of my anger. Y'all don't understand how angry I was at that game, I almost broke the TV. I had so much hope for UNC. I'm not used to my favorite teams losing after getting so far. UNC in 2005 and App and the hurricanes all winning nationalchampionships in consecutive years.

I just walked in my room and quietly sat down. There was no room for frustration. Numbness would be the correct term. I'm getting better, though. The ladies are still in it... they deserve our support, too.

I just walked in my room and quietly sat down. There was no room for frustration. Numbness would be the correct term. I'm getting better, though. The ladies are still in it... they deserve our support, too.

yes they do, I was just looking at the score to see that they were beating George Washington.

And the only teams in the ACC whose season were "jokes" were Miami and WFU...even State beat Carolina and made a run in the tournament.

And yes I AM ready for football season, we might have one of the worst teams in the nation but I have a blast at the games...

State made a run in the tournament??? Since when do people fill out brackets for the NIT...the Not In Tournament

State made a run in the tournament??? Since when do people fill out brackets for the NIT...the Not In Tournament

yeaa son, duke football is what i live for in the fall. and other guy, dont act like youd be pulling for duke.

I think he's referring to the ACC Tournament.

And like rational people, I wasn't offended that they threw one down up by 10 or so with a few seconds left.

I've figured it out; I know what the most interesting part about the Final Four will be. Who will commit more unwhistled fouls while playing with four fouls, Hibbert or Oden? That and whether Jeff Green be allowed to travel every time he touches the ball.

All of that is very true. Watching OSU tramp through their region, it was so sad that the referees are intimidated by seeing a player that everyone talks about. Oden blocks many shots, but only after he has knocked the opposing player to the floor. Hibbert-I don't even know what to say about him, he is one of the worst 7-footers I have ever seen(besides Dukes' Zoubek)