The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

2007 NCAA Tournament

I hate Mike Patrick. He just mentioned how much Ivory Latta trash-talks and then says "you have to love her spirit." I'm glad she's a senior and we won't have to see any more of her and her big mouth. If only Mike Patrick would get fired by ESPN, then we wouldn't have to put up with him during football season either.

I was saying to myself if I were female and a member of the lady vols...i'd be suspended from the program by now.

VOLS WIN! EAT IT HEELS!

I hate Mike Patrick. He just mentioned how much Ivory Latta trash-talks and then says "you have to love her spirit." I'm glad she's a senior and we won't have to see any more of her and her big mouth. If only Mike Patrick would get fired by ESPN, then we wouldn't have to put up with him during football season either.

I want to be cool with you, but when you make statements like that, it makes it kind of hard to. There is nothing wrong with Ivory Latta. She just loves to play basketball, simply put. Heck, she'd play in the WNBA for free, I'm sure. Trash talking doesn't make you a bad person, unless you get really personal about it. There's nothing wrong with it if you don't get seriously offensive. Ivory is awesome, and I wish nothing but the best for her in the WNBA.

As for what you said about Mike Patrick, I'm stunned, because out of all the commentators I've seen, he's got to be the biggest Duke lover ever. After listening to him tonight, it seems he even hates us, too. I can't stand the guy, so I'm surprised you can't, either.

I want to be cool with you, but when you make statements like that, it makes it kind of hard to. There is nothing wrong with Ivory Latta. She just loves to play basketball, simply put. Heck, she'd play in the WNBA for free, I'm sure. Trash talking doesn't make you a bad person, unless you get really personal about it. There's nothing wrong with it if you don't get seriously offensive. Ivory is awesome, and I wish nothing but the best for her in the WNBA.

As for what you said about Mike Patrick, I'm stunned, because out of all the commentators I've seen, he's got to be the biggest Duke lover ever. After listening to him tonight, it seems he even hates us, too. I can't stand the guy, so I'm surprised you can't, either.

I'll address Patrick first. I don't care how many praises the guy heaps on Duke - in every sport the man covers, he constantly makes stupid and exaggerated statements. He does it all the time during football season. Even when JJ was here, every Duke game was just the Redick show as far as Patrick was concerned, and it wore on me pretty fast - and I'm a Duke fan! No, I'm not so much of a homer that I wouldn't critcize Patrick.

As for Latta, I never said she was a "bad person." There's trash talk in every sport, I know...I think Latta takes it to an extreme, doing things like comparing herself to Allen Iverson. I don't appreciate showboating.

Yes, I know what's coming next, the laundry list of "BUT DUKE PLAYER X DID Y ON THE COURT IN YEAR Z!" Fine. We can drag this out as long as we want to but I'd rather not.

And as far as being "cool" with me, Duke/UNC is just a little sports rivalry when you get right down to it. If you want to dislike me as a person because of that, then whatever, have a nice day. If I thought like that, I'd have disowned all my friends from Carolina by now.

I never said I hated you as a person, but I don't think it's fair to hate on Ivory like that. At least you agree about Mike Patrick, though.

I never said I hated you as a person, but I don't think it's fair to hate on Ivory like that. At least you agree about Mike Patrick, though.

And I don't think it's fair for people to hate on JJ (and the other assorted hateable Dukies) like they do, but I have to get over that as well. Cry me a river, it works both ways. No matter what anyone says about Carolina, you can at least live with the knowledge that you're not Duke.

By the way, if we can't get along, who will make fun of the herpes commercials...?

We do get along... we just have to agree to disagree when it comes to college basketball. I'm a Carolina fan, you're a Duke fan, so disagreement is a given.

We do get along... we just have to agree to disagree when it comes to college basketball. I'm a Carolina fan, you're a Duke fan, so disagreement is a given.

Except when we're discussing how that, even with Valtrex, it is still possible to spread genital herpes. :D

Anyway, back on topic...who does everyone like in Florida/OSU tomorrow?

I still like my idea of the Rat and J.J. being the couple in that commercial...

Rat: "I... have genital herpes."

J.J.: "...and I still don't." :P

What is this Florida/Ohio State matchup you speak of? The 2006-2007 college basketball season is dead to me.

I still like my idea of the Rat and J.J. being the couple in that commercial...

Rat: "I... have genital herpes."

J.J.: "...and I still don't." :P

What is this Florida/Ohio State matchup you speak of? The 2006-2007 college basketball season is dead to me.

JJ and K weren't affiliated with ECU... :D

And I don't think it's fair for people to hate on JJ (and the other assorted hateable Dukies) like they do, but I have to get over that as well. Cry me a river, it works both ways. No matter what anyone says about Carolina, you can at least live with the knowledge that you're not Duke.

By the way, if we can't get along, who will make fun of the herpes commercials...?

I think Tyler Hansbrough is hated on quite a bit also, probably just as much as JJ Redick was.

But, anyway, Florida is going to win it all, Oden will foul out and be a non-factor.