The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2011-12 Team News, Practice Updates & In-between Game Talk

"Take Care" is R&B Artist Drake's new CD, which was released today. Drake is from Canada, as is Stewart. Only reason I know this is because I was thinking the same...bye bye Stewart...until my 14-year old daughter corrected me! Guess that's what I get for trying to be Twitter-savy!

First post!

Haha. This is funny. I'm not much of an R&B kind of guy..

Anyone taken a careful look at the standings? We're tied for 13th/14th in the East with Winnipeg (technically I guess we'd be behind them given that in the head-to-head matchup they crushed us). We have 4 points on the Isles... but also 4 games in hand.

So... ya. Cellar dwellers. The Horrorcanes show goes on the road to Montreal to visit our friend Mr. Cole.

I wonder how long before JR pulls the trigger on a trade, and then how long it takes that trade not to work until Mo is fired. I'm thinking Thanksgiving for the trade and Christmas for the coaching change.

I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

Am interesting note from earlier today, all of the GMs got together today for a meeting. Maybe there could be something brewing now that they were all in one spot.

I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

Am interesting note from earlier today, all of the GMs got together today for a meeting. Maybe there could be something brewing now that they were all in one spot.

The same thought crossed my mind. I don't know if anything is brewing but even casual face to face talk can often lead to something.

The same thought crossed my mind. I don't know if anything is brewing but even casual face to face talk can often lead to something.

"Too bad you guys suck, JR."

"Hmm."

"I'd offer to help, but last time I looked, you don't have anything I'd want."

"Hmm."

Well I wasn't going to add much, but I did hear part of Adam Gold's interview with Chuck Kaiton tonight and Chuck went out of his way to mention that the team might or should trade defense for a top 6 forward. I've also heard John Forslund mention it. Don't these guys work for the Canes? Would they be putting this out there if something were not in the works?

Sure, but it just seems that something has to happen soon and JR knows that as much as we do.

BTW He also mentioned that Mo must go to bed thinking his job is on the line. Again, maybe not breaking news, but to hear Chuck say it seems to bring it home.

Edited by remkin

Well, after two days, I come back to see no trades, no other changes, a loss on bobble head night, Remkin quits, and TSA projectile spits.

Dadgum.

:rolleyes: I am just shaking my head and trying to keep a sense of humor about everything.

Well, after two days, I come back to see no trades, no other changes, a loss on bobble head night, Remkin quits, and TSA projectile spits.

Dadgum.

Its all jb's fault but hey, that Patrick Dwyer is sure looking good thumbsup.gif

"Take Care" is R&B Artist Drake's new CD, which was released today. Drake is from Canada, as is Stewart. Only reason I know this is because I was thinking the same...bye bye Stewart...until my 14-year old daughter corrected me! Guess that's what I get for trying to be Twitter-savy!

First post!

Ah, thanks for letting us know. It was kind of confusing not hearing anything about a trade today.

Hi all. Not sure if I´m in the right thread for this but saw this and wondered if there´s just a rumor made out of nothing?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4008

I´m a Luleå Hockey fan, hoping he will come home of course but if he wont I wouldnt mind him playing with the Canes since your the only NHL team I cheer for. Wallin is playing for us these days and he´s doing good :tripping:

I'm wondering if we're seeing a delay in a trade because of the line shifting.

When Staal was centering Tlusty and LaRose, I can imagine JR scrambling to find a top line winger to help out. But now that Mo has read these forums and put Sutter between Staal and LaRose, does JR look for depth elsewhere?

I mean, we still need a top line winger to move LaRose down. I don't think anyone is disregarding that. But if Sutter stays on the top line with Staal alongside, is the type of winger JR would be looking for different? And I don't think JR is going to find an available 1st line winger anywhere. He might find a guy who has been toiling away on someone's 2nd line behind a superstar line that could play up. But I'd be surprised to hear of any bonafide 1st line wingers being available in November.

JR also has to consider what this does to the depth. Can Brent carry that 3rd line for the full season? I like to think so. I still think Dalpe and Boychuk ought to be on his wings though. Let those guys play in the top 9 and see if they can cut it on a scoring/shutdown line playing 10-15 minutes/game. If they can't, then you know they can be moved.

If you put LaRose - Dwyer - Stewart/Tlusty/Poni down on the 4th line, you can actually play them more than 3 minutes/game. That's a capable line.

But JR might also feel like adding a 3rd line center would make more sense, allowing Brent to shift back to 4th line. That of course leaves the 1st line exposed.

I certainly hope that whatever he's doing it won't impact the Skin and Finns line, as that's been clicking.

And why oh why is Faulk still up here? Send him back to Charlotte so he can get some ice time already. He's not doing anyone any good sitting in the box game after game after game, especially when what he watches of our defense is a clinic in "what not to do."

And why oh why is Faulk still up here? Send him back to Charlotte so he can get some ice time already. He's not doing anyone any good sitting in the box game after game after game, especially when what he watches of our defense is a clinic in "what not to do."

Are you sure Faulk is still up here? I swear he's with the Checkers right now playing in all situations.

Are you sure Faulk is still up here? I swear he's with the Checkers right now playing in all situations.

Maybe you're right. I thought I remembered seeing him recalled but hadn't seen a notification of him being sent back to Charlotte. If I'm wrong, my bad.

Hi all. Not sure if I´m in the right thread for this but saw this and wondered if there´s just a rumor made out of nothing?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4008

I´m a Luleå Hockey fan, hoping he will come home of course but if he wont I wouldnt mind him playing with the Canes since your the only NHL team I cheer for. Wallin is playing for us these days and he´s doing good :tripping:

Wahat rumor are we talking out?

Wahat rumor are we talking out?

On the bottom on that eliteprospects.com site its a "doubtful rumour", if you look at that Linus Omark link http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4008 and scroll down to the bottom.

Just wondered if thats anything you heard about, or just made up because of the bad start by the Canes which always makes rumors pop out everywhere.