The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2011-12 Team News, Practice Updates & In-between Game Talk

Agree with # 1 about Mo-lets get that done then we will go from there. Dont know what to make or do about Staal,who else can provide leadership by.......next week. We are in trouble!!!!

I am happy to let the Charlotte guys play but give me my $ back first-I didnt pay to watch the Checkers develop.For my money (literally),each season we get on the ice it is to make the playoffs and then win the Stanley Cup.That's why I go to games. If I want to watch hockey development, I'll get my stick out of the garage and practice down in the cul de sac

Agree with # 1 about Mo-lets get that done then we will go from there. Dont know what to make or do about Staal,who else can provide leadership by.......next week. We are in trouble!!!!

I am happy to let the Charlotte guys play but give me my $ back first-I didnt pay to watch the Checkers develop.For my money (literally),each season we get on the ice it is to make the playoffs and then win the Stanley Cup.That's why I go to games. If I want to watch hockey development, I'll get my stick out of the garage and practice down in the cul de sac

lol, good post.. i remember the days of street hockey in church parking lots.. best days of my childhood..

It is absolutely unbelievable that Mo will be behind the bench Friday night. He should have been relieved of that duty at least a week ago before the Ranger game. How on earth can JR simply watch this season slip away after missing the Playoffs last season?

It is clear to anyone watching that Mo will never lead this team of players to their full potential. Every moment that he continues in the coaching role is wasted, if not detrimental to the team's development.

Edited by Manwolf

While a good read, it tells me that JR is late, slow, and responsible for the continued decline. It was apparent to most of us that the team was not responding, where even a closed door meeting had no result. Instead the team has sunk lower and into a deeper hole to climb out of.

I love the guy, but he mismanaged this situation which in part he created with the grab bag approach of low budget signings. Nothing new in what I'm saying, so why no fix?

I love the guy, but he mismanaged this situation which in part he created with the grab bag approach of low budget signings. Nothing new in what I'm saying, so why no fix?

I think he has read his own press clippings a little too much and thinks that he can pick out every diamond in the rough. It's time to man up and take ownership of the problem. It's probably going to take PK taking a crowbar to his checkbook in order to do it. We have plenty of cap space and could "theoretically" make a move that other teams may not be able to make.

I still don't understand the sticking with Mo. It makes it appear that nepotism has taken hold over the decision making process. Is what is happening now or the last two seasons better than when Lavi was let go? I thought Lavi had lost the team, but I'm certain that Mo not only lost this team, but he doesn't even know where to start looking for it.

Give us something. Daniels, Rowe, Lewis, Brindy, somebody to let the fans and team know that what is happening and what has been happening for the last 3 years is not acceptable. Is it fair to blame it all on Mo, NO! Life isn't fair. Unless JR wants to put out his own torch, he needs to put out somebody's.

Edited by super_dave_1

Sometimes you just got to laugh :coollaugh:

via Twitter

LukeDeCock Just heard a train horn. Thought for a second the Canadiens scored again.

:lol: We all could use a good laugh

Pretty good article.. JR opens up a bit

http://hurricanesbea...nsiders-changes

Also just as I thought---loss of seasoned vets (Whit, Stiller, and I would add Cole) to psych the guys up

when the going gets rough. Says they have a quiet room. Here is where Staal has to do his best leadership.

He needs to be more vocal. In the Down-But not out article on this site, listen to Wardo. Maybe he can step

up vocally as well. I would also say Ruu and Rosie need to talk things up too. They may need to step out

of their comfort zone (personality wise), but someone needs to try to steer the ship !

PS: off topic--Mtl just got beat by NYI.

Edited by UNCCaniac8

While a good read, it tells me that JR is late, slow, and responsible for the continued decline. It was apparent to most of us that the team was not responding, where even a closed door meeting had no result. Instead the team has sunk lower and into a deeper hole to climb out of.

This has been my main concern with JR for a while now.

I just got home from the coast; haven't had web access today. I can't seem to find the expected announcement about Mo getting fired today and the trades. Hope it's just a personal computer problem. What's going on JR ??

10 loses in the last 13 games, embarassed in Montreal and all you do today is call up a rookie d-man !!!

Action needed NOW.

Bob McKenzie is reporting that Jeff Carter might want out of Columbus. Anyone know if he has a NMC that might've kicked in at some point?

So anyone want to guess who JR dances with if he eventually makes a trade? The person that guess right gets an Internet high 5. I'm gonna say he goes out West and tangos with the Ducks.

No idea about the NMC but doesn't he have like 10 years on his contract? I don't see JR wanting to take that on.

My bet is someone out West like Edmonton who has tons of young kids starting to come into their own. As each kid comes of age they'll have less and less need for some of the vets who take away cap space from re-signing these young kids.

Whatever we do, JR better not give up our 1st rounder.

Fail for Nail, JR!!! You know keeping Mo employed gives you a chance!!!

I'm really looking forward to Yakupov centering Skinner's line in 2012-2013! Woo-hoo!!!

No idea about the NMC but doesn't he have like 10 years on his contract? I don't see JR wanting to take that on.

My bet is someone out West like Edmonton who has tons of young kids starting to come into their own. As each kid comes of age they'll have less and less need for some of the vets who take away cap space from re-signing these young kids.

Carter's contract is interesting. 10 years @ $5,272,727. KNOWN CLAUSES: Full NTC (2012-13 through 2014-15); modified NTC (2015-16 through 2021-22) Just came of IR recently.

I'd be interested in Nash. Big power forward (plays left wing), but his contract, as I've said in another thread, would probably scare JR away. He has 7 years left @ $7,800,000. KNOWN CLAUSES: NMC (2010-11 through 2014-15); NTC (2015-16 through 2017-18)

Looking at Edmonton, I really don't see any assets that they would be willing to give up. There have been reports that the Islanders are shopping a couple of their players, namely Okposo and Comeau.

Sitting here and watching us play marginally ok against Buffalo tonight...and let me just say Tomas Kaberle is the sorriest sight for sore eyes ever known to man. I will not be in attendance at any home game while he is in a 'Canes sweater. My passes have more oomp to them than his do, and I don't even play hockey. Get rid of this mistake JR.

So here come the we ran into a hot goalie excuse...

At least the team tried tonight...

Unfortunately, It means at least one MOre game for MOron...

I liked Stewart on the first line...But again LaRose is NOT a Top 6 forward. Of course Stewart will be in the press box or on the 4th line next game.

Boychuk had one of his best games as a Cane. Of course he didn't score, but still played hard.

Hey MO - New Rule...Set your best lines...& then you can't change them for one week unless there is an injury.. Let's see if anyone can develop chemistry...

New Rule...4th line has to play 10 min per game. Roll 4 lines all night.

You know I'm tired of Mo hockey, but what do you do if your top line has LaRose and and unproven Stewart on it?

What do you do? No matter what you do it won't matter because JR blew it this year.

He tried the JR picks the hidden gems and he picked 3 guys that were hidden duds.

We had an average team and took our third best forward off the team and replaced him with two role players. Then in a bizarre twist Corvo is out and Kaberle in?

I'lll tell you that the thing keeping us from making a deal right now is Kaberle's play. He is the one piece JR could trade if he had come to play. But who wants him now?

That leaves JR contemplating moving McBain or a pick. But if he does that he is taking a huge risk on a team that is fast becoming a long shot to make the playoffs and now he's traded the future?

No. But what he'll get for a Kaberle may just not be worth doing.

Say what you will about Mo. This year is on JR.

You know I'm tired of Mo hockey, but what do you do if your top line has LaRose and and unproven Stewart on it?

What do you do? No matter what you do it won't matter because JR blew it this year.

Say what you will about Mo. This year is on JR.

I totally agree. Fans really need to start directing some of their anger at JR. We've traditionally had a love affair with JR, but step back and look at this season. Stop some of your lovin' already.

I'm not saying Mo shouldn't go. We've had enough of this guy. A fresh face, preferably outside of the organization, is needed. But there probably isn't a rush. The season is done. JR can take his time and find the right guy, maybe even in the offseason.

JR really, really, really screwed up this year. This team has nothing, and it is showing. The Kabs transaction hits you in the face, but the rest of the transactions haven't worked too well either (maybe Brent?). The problem with Kabs is 3 years at 4M+ per year. What was he thinking???

I'm not giving up on JR since the early results of his transactions can be corrected. One major mistake has been his failure to remove Maurice. That move has to happen - and quickly! I'll reserve judgement about the off-season moves until the same players play a different style under new guidance.

The Buffalo game is a perfect example, where after 5+ games of repeated failure he runs Staal and Rosie on the PP and somehow thinks the result will be different. Result? Lost draw, zone entry fail, fatigued players overstaying their shift. How do you explain Sutter getting 14 minutes TOI and Staal getting 23 and Rosie getting 18 last night? How do you explain McBain on the PP when he is SLOW getting possession, when he does keep it, and then fails again to get the puck on net? Mo's answer: Let's try it again.

Staal needs a winger, but most of all Staal needs to play harder. His effort is poor and leadership is worse. Will we spend all season waiting on him? Will that be enough? How do you explain Tlusty showing good results, and then pull him from Staal's line to play Rosie? Mo never tried Sutter, Staal, Tlusty despite two of those not named Staal played well with him.

Kabs looks like a major bust, but even that can be worked out easier than continued suffering under Maurice, his poor decisions, and the team's failure to respond to his style of play.