The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2011-12 Team News, Practice Updates & In-between Game Talk

Kabs bobblehead night is March 30. If those things were made months in advance, the Skinner ones wouldn't have been touch and go getting to the RBC. Williams was supposed to have a bobblehead the year he was traded. A Scott Walker one took it's place, if I remember correctly.

The real question is why in the heck would they plan a bobblehead for a player they just signed? I'd much rather have a Harrison or Dwyer bobblehead than a Kaberle one. Heck, how about a John Forslund bobblehead? I guess the hair would be too expensive.

I'm hoping to see the change of a CANES win streak starting with Tuesday :) and continuing through at least Saturday-bring on the "kid" our "KID" is ready for ya! Oh and the other change better be the Finns and Skins line back together...and for petes sake what the heck was wrong with the Sutter center Staal wing experiment...Thought it looked better than the Rutuu/Skinner/Staal fiasco we have been watching as of late.

No practice on Monday because "we have played more games than anyone else" lol That and Cyber Monday shopping for them...

Edited by Pkling40

well u cant fire the players, so mo must be gone TODAY.. The toughest guy, and who has the most fire, is under 6 feet, we all know who he is.. team waits till last 3 minutes to wake the heck up, why is that?

Hmm, I wonder ... nah, too many f-bombs ...

Haha, you know we're a family friendly franchise ;)

So.....how many of you will be checking in multiple times today today to see if there's any news coming out of the RBC Center?

NHL Eastern Conference at the Quarter mark - Spectors

Carolina Hurricanes. Things are getting real ugly, real fast in Carolina, as the Hurricanes have been in free fall throughout November, winning only three of their last ten games. Team captain and franchise player Eric Staal is having the worse performance of his NHL career. There’s rumors head coach Paul Maurice could soon lose his job, while management is reportedly shopping in vain for additional offensive punch. They’re still only a handful of points out of playoff contention, and could save their season if they can stabilize their situation over the next few weeks. They’d better do it soon, or risk falling out of contention by the New Year.

No real new news here but its interesting reading his evaluations of the entire East. With the exception of the top 3 teams, no other team seems to be a sure thing leaving the East wide open. While the Panthers have been playing great hockey, there's no guarantee they'll be able to hold up the entire season. Although we did hear the same thing about the Canes in 06 ;)

Edited by TSA

I'll be here like clockwork checking every hour on the hour. My hunch is something happens today be it a trade or change.

No real new news here but its interesting reading his evaluations of the entire East. With the exception of the top 3 teams, no other team seems to be a sure thing leaving the East wide open. While the Panthers have been playing great hockey, there's no guarantee they'll be able to hold up the entire season. Although we did hear the same thing about the Canes in 06 ;)

Well, this is where I'll kind of agree with JB's optimism. The season is NOT over yet. It is crazy, but with our division the way it is, 89 or 90 pts could possibly get you in if teams keep trading losing streaks.

But look who did something about? Washington. And they are a lot better off than the Canes.

The Canes are going nowhere right now. It hasn't worked. They have to do something if they want to play past 4/7.

Twitter..

Darren Dreger - 1 coach down. Could there be 2 today? Rumours suggest Paul Maurice will be replaced by Milwaukee's Kirk Muller. Interesting day.

Paul Branecky - Canes' front office got a good look at Muller over the weekend in Charlotte.

Paul Branecky - For what it's worth, the Checkers, Daniels included, were very complimentary of Milwaukee. Heard "well coached" a few times.

Apparently, when Muller was the assistant coach in Montreal he ran the PP. At that time they were 5th in the league with the PP. After he left, Montreal's PP numbers dropped significantly.

Edited by jeromeo87

I think we are all holding our collective breaths .......

I'm having a hard time accomplishing anything so far today. I never got on the Fire Mo' wagon yet even I have realized enough is enough.

Here is an interesting read:

http://www.montrealg...html?id=5589763

EDIT: Mo has been fired!

Thanks, I like this quote:

“I just feel it comes down to one word at this level, and it’s accountability. If you can get a bunch of guys that are willing to play for each other and understand that there’s no free passes and you’ve got to earn your ice and be accountable, then I’m going to be totally fair to everybody. If you work and you play hard, then you’ll play. I said: ‘It’s a two-way door. I’m here to communicate with you guys, but don’t come see me if you’re not ready for the answer. But you’ll always know where you stand, and I’ll be honest with you.’ I think it’s all about communicating with your guys.”

Hmmm, not sure if the fact he learned under Jaques Martin is a good thing :huh:

Thank the good lord we don't have to live through this coaching nightmare one more day.

Amen :woohoo:

This board needed a change as much as the team needed it.

Hmmm, who has the next GDT?