The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2011-12 Team News, Practice Updates & In-between Game Talk

THATS MY WIFES BDAY.. shes not happy... i wont get used to PNC center..but like anything else, will have to cave and get used to it.. major bummer..

The transition from the ESA to the RBC Center wasn't awful, just took some getting used to. This transition might be a little tougher because of the all the history we've seen being made since it was named the RBC Center.

Its actually going to be called the PNC Arena...see i got it wrong already.

patsfail-2-300x240.jpg

See, I really can make fun of my own team ;)

Works for me.

I bet it does :shifty:

In other news..........remember the on ice slide show from the Playoffs in 2006?

Michael Smith@MSmithCanes

For those wondering where on-ice projections have been: they're back for the March 15 game (PNC Arena unveil).

Looks like the 15th is going t be lots of fun.

The game tonight is going to get some attention too. Chip tweets Wings, Caps, Blackhawks, Rangers are scouting tonight's game.I think Ryan might have some extra fans.

not failure, just a awesome giants defense!And elite eli. :thumbsup:

I'll never get used to seeing that...

Leading up to the building’s name change, www.CarolinaHurricanes.com will count down the top 25 Hurricanes moments in RBC Center history, as one clip is unveiled each day, with the No. 1 moment being unveiled the morning of March 15.

I wonder what #1 will be... Chad LaRose's hat trick (04-02-08)?

Anyone else think it is a shame the game isn't on FSC tomorrow night? Possible playoff implications and no tv. Total bummer. Definitely can't make the 2 hour 1 way trek to Raleigh with gas at $3.75 in Eastern NC. What keeps them from broadcasting all of the games?

Ugh, no tv? I was really looking forward to the game I thought we got through all the frickin no FS coverage with that one month stint of no coverage.

Well, to be fair, it's more than 20 games, unless you just don't watch any playoff hockey, which I doubt. Most of the first three rounds are carried. I figured it out a couple of years ago, and I was paying like $1 per game averaged over all the games I watched. I think the price then was $150 for the season.

If you only get it to watch Canes games, it's not worth it.

I hoping that Murphy being sent back to Charlotte means Ward is ready to go again. Of course we don't have a game until Tuesday so Murphy could be called back. I don't think we should rush Ward-0 back if he isn't 100% but I'm hoping he is back because that should mean he is at 100%.

Nah no point with Fs South, 100 bucks for 20 games stinks

Here's a brilliant idea. Get in you car @ $3.65 per gallon, drive to the arena,$ 8.00 to park, $20.00 nose bleed seat. Now for the math problem... how many times can you do that and not excede $100.00. But then again when you go to the game the team makes more money to buy those high priced first and second liners people are looking for. So $5.00 per game is too much for you, invite some friends over and really hammer the costs down.

Chip just tweeted that Rutherford talked to Allen's agent about an extension, but said, "It's not going to happen." That's too bad.. Can't blame him, though. He's getting older; he wants to win.

If it's true that he isn't returning, that could REALLY hurt this team.

Edited by jeromeo87

Here's a brilliant idea. Get in you car @ $3.65 per gallon, drive to the arena,$ 8.00 to park, $20.00 nose bleed seat. Now for the math problem... how many times can you do that and not excede $100.00. But then again when you go to the game the team makes more money to buy those high priced first and second liners people are looking for. So $5.00 per game is too much for you, invite some friends over and really hammer the costs down.

What the hell are you ranting about now?

Chip just tweeted that Rutherford talked to Allen's agent about an extension, but said, "It's not going to happen." That's too bad.. Can't blame him, though. He's getting older; he wants to win.

If it's true that he isn't returning, that could REALLY hurt this team.

Must be a money thing then because Allen seemed pretty high on us.

Certainly a possibility that it's a money thing; however, if I'm over 30 and looking to sign a contract for around 3 years, I want to know that the possibility of making the playoffs all three years is very high. We don't really have that here. He's getting old and probably wants a good run at the cup.

well, Allen, if he wants to win this year, i see his point, but i think with , a top 6 guy, and top 6 dmn, we are a top 6 team., so sign him if ya can.. tsa, is the contest over, just wondering, shouldnt it include all fans , not just in north carolina? I mean if i have to pay for the shipping, so be it, i would... thanks.. if i win of course.Jermone, why dont u see us as a playoff team next yr, with some tweaking , here and there?

Well I think we will be a playoff team but if you look at our traits we make the playoffs once every 3 years haha. For a aging player who hasn't won the cup that's likely an issue.

But it baffles me because he's been quoted multiple times as loving it here and thinking this team was going to pull things together. Which leads me to JR is pulling the cheapskate card on him.