The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2011-12 Team News, Practice Updates & In-between Game Talk

With all the chat about Skinner's temper I thought I would take a look at his numbers. I'm as much part of the whats wrong with Skinner discussion as anybody...maybe more but his numbers aren't that bad.

------------------------------GP---G ----A----Pts-----+/- --PIM--

2010-11 CAR -------- 82 -- 31--- 32 -- 63 -- 3 --- 46

2011-12 CAR -------- 61 -- 20--- 24 -- 44 - (-6) -- 56

Right now he has skated in 21 fewer games and probable will end the season having missed 18 games between the concussion and suspension. The PIM is noticeable and that is the problem we have all been talking about but the goal production isn't that far off considering the amount of games lost.

I think a summer off will do him a world of good as long as he stays in shape.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like Jeff Skinner's emotion. Tired of seeing this team get pushed around for years and then no one doing anything. Hell, Gleason and Allen have what, maybe 2 fights each? Skinner goes after guys who check him because no one else does. He knows it, and other teams know it. He's been a target all year. When he gets knocked down Ruttu or Gleason or Allen or Harrison need to go after the offender and lay a hit on em. But it doesn't happen that way.

I guess Nodl is back. We sent Bowman to Charlotte. The Chex are in a battle to gain the playoffs so I expect they will be happy to see Bowman.

tweet from Michael Smith @msmithcanes

Both Jeremy Welsh and Andreas Nodl also expected to be in the lineup.

From Chip Alexander @ ice_chip

More Muller on Welsh: "I want to see him play. He should be able to get some good ice time tomorrow."

The Canes sure know how to keep your interest.