The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ericboutin

Confused Cane-Bird here

Background - former Thrashers fan /current Canes fans! NOT a Jets fan!

I only live an hour and a bit from Charlotte so I'm trying to finalize my trip up to there Sunday for the pre-season game againt the Jets. I've got my Thrashers Jersey dusted off and ready to go but I don't want to appear to be supporting the Jets....what to do what to do?? Obviously I still like some of the players just not a fan of how we became orphans! I'm very much appreciative of the welcoming we've gotten from Canes fans (thank you thank you)so anyway what to do what to do? Retire the Jersey to the back of the closet?....wear it anyway and scream for the canes?? What say you? What are the other Cane-Birds gonna do Sunday? LOL

Again thanks for open arms ya'll Caniacs have shown to us ex Thrashers!

Yeah Thrasher jerseys should be welcomed ( I would think so anyways :D ) I don't think anyone would give you any trouble even if you were still rooting for the Jets ;)

Welcome aboard. I think it would be fine for you to wear your Thrashers jersey. I hope you get to cheer loud and often for the Canes. Enjoy the game.

Personal opinion:

Wearing a Thrashers jersey and cheering for the Canes would be a great statement. When I first joined I directly asked for opinions on doing that, to read the results and "glean" the reaction on here. EVERY single response was positive. Definitely, do it. My first game, I plan to wear my red ATL Flames jersey and a Canes hat.

Unfortunately, for Sunday, I have to work.

Wear whatever you want! I'm perplexed about what to where as well. For some odd reason, the Canes, who I happen to LOVE will not allow Charlotte stores to sell their jerseys or shirts. I understand that you can only purchase in Raleigh - 3 hours away. So, I'm hoping they'll have them for their southern NC fans tonight in Charlotte. I look for you Thrashers Jersey and wave (lol). TWC Arena is a huge place - but I can't wait to see the Canes live for the first time ever tonight!!!

Well we got back awhile ago! Had a great time! I was psyched that "we" shut em out! Exactly what I wanted to see! Hopefully it will quiet the Jets fans down a bit; who I must say have been a tad obnoxious. Anyway I digress....

I must admit it was funny rooting for the Canes as we have been "rivals" but it was awesome. Everyone was great, I wore my Thrasher jersey proudly and got a lot of great comments and "welcomes" from all the Canes fans! Thank you! I immediately bought a Canes hat so there would be no confusion about who I was supporting. Canes salesman was comical....as soon as I walked up he says..."You are one of us now right?!" I had to laugh, that was cool! I saw a few Thrashers jerseys but I was surprised there weren't more. I heard a lot of great things about Raleigh so I see a trip or two up there in my future for sure! Anyway I'm looking forward to a great season and more Jets shutouts!! Lol. Go Canes!!