The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Missox

BBQ

the best bbq place that i've ever tried is smithfield's chicken'n bar-b-q. it's a franchise and they have a few locations throughout the state and i think there is at least one in raleigh.

Places I eat BBQ.

Ralph's BBQ near Roanoke Rapids

Hursey's BBQ forgot where

BBQ Lodge in Raleigh

Smithfield's various places

though if you want real home cookin and not really so much BBQ go to Johnson City market buffet. The best fried chicken and sweet tea out there.

Hursey's is in Burlington, off of I-40.

Knightdale Seafood and Barbeque - Knightdale

Cooper's - Downtown Raleigh - very authentic

State Farmer's Market Restaurant - Farmer's Market - Raleigh

Mama Dip's - Chapel Hill

The real pit cooked BBQ is in Wilson NC.

Parker's - http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=2131

Bill's - http://www.bills-bbq.com/

I can feel my arteries clogging up just thinking about it. :wink:

Yep, I work across the street from Parkers, well not directly across but about 1/4 mile down the road in front of Parkers and they are always busy and so is Bill's.

Places I eat BBQ.

Ralph's BBQ near Roanoke Rapids

Hursey's BBQ forgot where

BBQ Lodge in Raleigh

Smithfield's various places

though if you want real home cookin and not really so much BBQ go to Johnson City market buffet. The best fried chicken and sweet tea out there.

BBQ Lodge has gone down hill greatly from it's hay day. i would suggest staying away from that one. Smithfields only claim to fame is fast, there is better BBQ elsewhere.

The real pit cooked BBQ is in Wilson NC.

Parker's - http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=2131

Bill's - http://www.bills-bbq.com/

I can feel my arteries clogging up just thinking about it. :wink:

Yep, I work across the street from Parkers, well not directly across but about 1/4 mile down the road in front of Parkers and they are always busy and so is Bill's.

I agree, a manufacturing plant I use to work at would have these two places cater plant functions and it was always good.

Hursey's is in Burlington, off of I-40.

Knightdale Seafood and Barbeque - Knightdale

Cooper's - Downtown Raleigh - very authentic

State Farmer's Market Restaurant - Farmer's Market - Raleigh

Mama Dip's - Chapel Hill

Haven't been to Hursey's, Knightdale is pretty good but I have had better, Cooper's always gets great reviews so it is worth a look see, State Farmer's Market is good.

where is that in Cary??

I am not 100% sure because we get it in my office a lot for lunch (boss likes it) but I think its over near Wake Med, you know the shopping center right next to it? I think thats where my boss said it was

Q-shack - there's 2 locations I know of. One in durham and one in North Hills off of six forks.

Danny's - one in cary is at the intersection of Cary Parkway and 54. In the shopping center.

Smithfields is good, but I have yet to find one in Raleigh.

Q-shack - there's 2 locations I know of. One in durham and one in North Hills off of six forks.

Qshack is very good even though it has a very commercial feel to the place. Theres also one on hillsborough street near NCSU.

Actually the Q-Shack on Hillsborough St. has closed so the only one in Raleigh is at North Hills. I love the jalapeno deviled eggs!

Qshack is very good even though it has a very commercial feel to the place. Theres also one on hillsborough street near NCSU.

Actually the Q-Shack on Hillsborough St. has closed so the only one in Raleigh is at North Hills. I love the jalapeno deviled eggs!

I love their hushpuppies