The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Two years ago today

No hate here, just a funny story relating to Carolina's title win:

I was on my way to school the morning after - my first class was AP Bio, taught by one of my favorite teachers, who also happened to be a Carolina grad. Incidentally, I had been accepted to Duke about 3 and a half months prior, while quite a few of my classmates in that bio class were Carolina-bound.

So I walked in to the room (which was decked out in UNC stuff, of course), and walked to my seat and put my head down, trying my best to be inconspicuous. Then I hear a low-quality rendition of "Tag! I'm a Tar Heel Born" playing near me...I looked up and my teacher had placed this dancing Rameses doll in front of me, which was playing the fight song, and my teacher had a huge grin on her face...

I had to laugh. :D

Here's a slideshow of pictures...

http://smg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pb...widget.pbw&os=1

You can see why that night was so amazing. I've wanted to relive it so badly, and I thought I'd get the chance this past weekend, but it wasn't to be. Hopefully next season.

By the way, my hair is not that short now, and I don't have glasses anymore. I'd like to think I look better now. :P

It was a great game, I remember my parents and I went out to dinner and the final 4 game was on and I made them wait in the car cause they wanted to leave but I wanted to watch the rest of the game at the bar area of the restaurant.