The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caneshockeyguy

South Park Viewers

Yes, now that you mention it I have noticed Matt and Trey are going with poliical views, religion, and what not. Which has really turned me off to the show. It used to be farting, swearing, and Kenny dying every episode. Now instead of the plain trash it used to be, it's like there confoming in a way.

I saw tonite's episode featuring Karl Rove (dead on deadly accurate), the Pope and Jesus for the Easter message. Considering it's South Park, I thought it well done.

It is entirely possible that the creators have gotten tired of the endless toilet humor and have decided to grow up, at least until this next round of elections is over. Goodness knows that there is plenty of satirical material to mine...

I think South Park has gotten better when it dumped the toilet humor. They do satire well, and it's not like they gave up offensive stuff altogether. They're able to do multiple things at once

Last night's episode was parodying The Da Vinci Code. It also sent a message about the creator's view on Christianity. And just to be offensive, they had a Jew kill Jesus, just so Jesus could kill the pope.

Only Karl Rove had deposed the Pope, and taken on the position himself, which was why it was so delish that he was kiboshed. I thought they did a nice job presenting a number of different themes.

With all the various political characters that will be on parade down here in the Lower 48 this summer and fall, they will have a gold mine to work with!

I love South Park. Sometimes I can't believe they actually are allowed to put some of their episodes on the air, but it's always good for a laugh. I love how it deals with the more modern day issues with a comical spin, rather than pure toilet humor.

Just now turning into a satire? How long have you people been watching South Park? I think they actually had to dumb it down and be more obvious and more offensive for people to cath on the to the what used to be more subtle satireness of the show.

I've always thought South Park to be one of the best shows ever. It certainly is one of the best written shows also!

South Park continues to be one of the funniest shows on TV; so many good metaphors in each episode. Though this season it seems like they have been trying to shove as much violence as possible in each episode. That was good to see every once in a while, but now it's just worn out.