The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whaler1

2011-12 Out of Town Scores and Match ups

Boston's winning streak has come to an end.

Thank goodness, the gloating text messages from friends in Boston were becoming unbearable. shakeshead.gif

Jets VS Caps last night.....every time #8 had the puck the crowd booed him good and loud.

2 mins to play in a 0-0 game. Who scores the winning goal? #8.

Don't mess with the hockey Gods!!

Well, I'm glad it wasn't us against Boston tonight. They destroyed the kitty cats in an 8-0 drubbing... The pest Marchand had the hat trick and two assists.

Gagner... 8pts against the blackhawks, 4 G 4 A amazing, haven't seen those type of numbers since Wayne was playing.

Unreal! He was awarded all three stars of the night, very cool.

Red Wings beat the Sharks for their 23rd win in a row at home :o. Surely this streak will have ended by March 24th....hopefully.

Its kinda weird how good they are at home and their .500 on the road

It is, maybe they're running on pure adrenaline at home now knowing they're making history. Funny thing about the Red Wings, they're always right in the mix for playoffs every year but for some reason, I always overlook them when picking my favorites to win the Cup.

What on earth is wrong with Washington?

They are in full-out free fall and look like they are in disarray on the ice. They've already fired the coach, they spend plenty of money, they have tons of talent and have someone who's supposed to be the 2nd best player in the league but yet can't seem to get it all together. I think they'll blow it up this off season unless things drastically turn around for them.

Does anyone here think they'd consider trading OV?

Ovie must be desperate for a long playoff run/cup win. Maybe he will want to go to a team that can win it next season.

Isn't that why Kolvulchuck (sp?) went from Atlanta to Jersey?

What on earth is wrong with Washington?

They are in full-out free fall and look like they are in disarray on the ice. They've already fired the coach, they spend plenty of money, they have tons of talent and have someone who's supposed to be the 2nd best player in the league but yet can't seem to get it all together. I think they'll blow it up this off season unless things drastically turn around for them.

Does anyone here think they'd consider trading OV?

That's a good question but I bet a lot of GM's are eerie of that expensive contract he has.

The story gets uglier and uglier in Washington:

Hamrlik on getting scratched by Hunter b/c of penalty: "when he played I think he make lots of penalties himself. He should know better."

From what I'm reading the Caps fans agree with Hamrlik.

Hunter might not last very long in Washington, they'll fire another coach before they deal Ovechkin.

From what I'm reading the Caps fans agree with Hamrlik.

Hunter might not last very long in Washington, they'll fire another coach before they deal Ovechkin.

I think you're right but something is very wrong in that locker room. You have to think the league is very disappointed. With Sid going down for most the season, OV was the next chosen one in line to be the face of the league and instead of stepping up and running with it, he pretty much rejected the responsibility. Mouthing off to a coach who ultimately got fired, getting suspended, refusing to participate in the All Star weekend and whatever mayhem is going on behind closed doors now doesn't exactly make OV look like one of the important faces of the league anymore.

The guy is an incredible talent but has his ship sailed or would a change of scenery with no Captain responsibilities get him back on track? One of the endearing things about OV was that he always looked like he was having fun....not anymore.

With the Jets win over the Bolts last night the peg now is in first place in the southeast. They are 9 points ahead of us and 1 point above the 8th place Panthers. The world is upside down!

I think you're right but something is very wrong in that locker room. You have to think the league is very disappointed. With Sid going down for most the season, OV was the next chosen one in line to be the face of the league and instead of stepping up and running with it, he pretty much rejected the responsibility. Mouthing off to a coach who ultimately got fired, getting suspended, refusing to participate in the All Star weekend and whatever mayhem is going on behind closed doors now doesn't exactly make OV look like one of the important faces of the league anymore.

The guy is an incredible talent but has his ship sailed or would a change of scenery with no Captain responsibilities get him back on track? One of the endearing things about OV was that he always looked like he was having fun....not anymore.

He honestly reminds me of a young Jagr. Head's to big and honestly his head was to big until he spent 3 years in the KHL and learned it sucks over there.

Jack Edwards at his best. Normally he loves to refer to opposing players getting hit by a big, bad Bruin as "Roadkill", and when the table is turned he calls for heads, suspensions and retribution.

From the Bruins - Sens game, 2/25/12

Neil's hit on Boychuk

Turris (leaving his feet?? during cheap? hit) on Corvo

Chara (the strongest and best fighter in the League... in the Hockey Universe?) flinches during a scrum with Neil

I thought the hit on Corvo was pretty suspect since it looked like Turris left his feet but the hit on Boychuk looked clean. No fine or suspension for either, the Bruins are livid. Guess they don't like being on the receiving end.

From the Bruin's beat writer:

An angry Joe Corvo called Kyle Turris hit a "cheap shot" and said he expected Senators forward to answer the bell tomorrow night in Boston

If Turris wears a dress he might have problems.

If Corvo chooses to fight Turris, the Bruins may have bigger problems.