The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whaler1

2011-12 Out of Town Scores and Match ups

Erik Karlsson now has 66 points. I've been wondering about Ryan Murphy's size but Karlsson isn't much bigger. Don't know about core strength or any of that stuff but man can he set up a play.

Kit Kats up 3-2 in third, ottawa had 2-0 lead, craps-phila, just started 2nd 0-0, ovie hanging at the blue line as ususal, what a lazy ....... i, so hope, winnepeg wins division, and craps and nuts and bolts are left out, we probaly wont get in, but we will decide who does... hee-heep.s karlsson is a beast.. kudos for sens season so far..

The hill gets harder to climb, bruins lose at home to caps 4-3.. I fell asleep in 3rd, i guess bruins out shot them them 13-2 in 3rd, , but not to be.. spoiler time!

The Marty Turco era in Boston could be over before it starts. Last night he gave up 3 goals in the first 5 minutes (and looked rather ugly doing it), only to be replaced by the weary Tim Thomas who was replaced by.....wait for it.....Marty Turco in the 2nd period.

Bruin's free fall continues, the media in Boston is speculating that they're allowing beer and chicken in the Bruin's locker room :lol:

Tonight Mtl is playing the Sens. On a break-away Cole rushes down the side, shoots.Goalie stops it

but gives a big rebound-----which Cole hammers home! It all happened so fast, none of Coles teammates

were there yet--------------so he is skating behind the goal------and hi-fives----THE REF.! :rolleyes:

Yotes playing Vanc. tonight. Ray Whitney has a three point game so far. That gives him 991 career points.

Am pulling for him to get to 1000 this season !! Go Ray !

Last night was no help whatsoever. Caps and Sabres winning just made the mountain higher. The Canes are running out of tracks.

What the heck happened in the NJ/Rangers game? 3 seconds in and all hell breaks loose. I read it all about settling a score from back on Dec 20th but these teams have met multiple times and they're not past it yet. From what I read, the Devils put out Jannssen and Boulton for the opening faceoff which apparently sent the message to Tortorella that the war was still on. Didn't Lindy Ruff get fined for purposely sending goons out to settle a score against Ottawa a couple of years ago? I would think 3 seconds into a game meant it was a pre-planned event.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=623069

Following the melee, Rangers coach John Tortorella could be seen screaming at Devils coach Peter DeBoer, although Tortorella would not address the incident after the game.

A similar incident happened in a game in New Jersey this season where the Rangers started their tough guys, something DeBoer pointed out to reporters outside the visiting locker room after the game.

"I guess in John’s world you can come into our building and start your tough guys, but we can’t do the same in here," DeBoer said. "He’s either got short-term memory loss or he’s a hypocrite. So it's one of the other."

Jets got hammered by the pens, 8-4, so we are now even in GP and 3 pts behind them. Small steps right :D

That gave me great pleasure :grin:

The 6 on 5 PP goal was unreal. Pens look scary good right now.

Panthers beat the Flyers 2-1, so they have a 5 point lead over the Caps for the division. I hope the Panthers can hold on to 1st place. I hate to say it, but I can't stand the thought of the Slugs getting in, so I am rooting for the Caps to get 8th, and then get blown out in the 1st round.

Even sweeter would be us catching the slugs in the standings.

I feel :puker: Buffalo is in 8th. C'mon Caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With you on this one. Caps are back in 8th and Montreal has become the first team eliminated from the playoffs in the east. All is right with the world..for the moment.

With the Canes win last night the Toronto Maple Leafs join the Montreal Canadians as the first two teams eliminated from the east playoffs. It looks like the great original 6 rivalry still exists.

Every team under the line in the east has now been eliminated with the exception of Buffalo. The Sabres trail 8th place Washington by 2 pts with 3 games remaining.