The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
G50

Checkers/Wolves

I was really hoping the AHL would never do this, but unfortunately the Canes' AHL affiliate is going to be in the same Division as my Chicago Wolves. :crybaby::pout::Aarrg:

The upside however, I will be getting tickets to their head-to-head games at Allstate Arena. It will be awesome however to see the prospects of the Canes System up close. :thumbsup:

Who are the Wolves affiliated with now that they are no longer the Atlanta/Winnipeg affiliate.. did Chicago scoop them up to get a local minor team?

Who are the Wolves affiliated with now that they are no longer the Atlanta/Winnipeg affiliate.. did Chicago scoop them up to get a local minor team?

==========

They are now affiliated with the Vancouver Canucks.

Blackhawks and Wolves organizations don't like each other, which is why they have never been affiliated with each other.

===

Living in Chicagoland (Suburbs outside the city), Wolves are in my hometown area.

I had a feeling that was the case since they basically uprooted the Manitoba Moose (who were with the Nucks, and now TN owns both teams).

Nucks and Thrashers/Jets swapped teams.

I still have no clue why they moved Charlotte to the west.

I had a feeling that was the case since they basically uprooted the Manitoba Moose (who were with the Nucks, and now TN owns both teams).

Nucks and Thrashers/Jets swapped teams.

I still have no clue why they moved Charlotte to the west.

============

The weird thing, is that the Wolves and Hawks now are affiliated with each other's rivals

Canucks ---> Wolves

Blackhawks ---> IceHogs

---

A little bit of payback I suppose.

Edited by G50