The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
super_dave_1

Coach Mo gone, confirmed by Mike Maniscalco and Chip Alexander| Coaching and how to fix it discussion

In case you missed this article:

http://bleacherrepor...st-be-fired-now

Great article. I never really looked at TOI for our PP and PK units, but those are revealing stats. Why not use Stewart and Ruutu on PK? Big bodies, hard hitters, shot blockers. Seems the perfect role for them to keep our scorers off the ice during PK.

The Hurricanes unveiled their alternate uniform in 2008-09, and have gone 29-14-4 all-time when

wearing the third jersey

the above quote is from the "Game Day Notes" PDF. given this stat do we beed a change in the primary jersey? :jester:

Hey Mo!

Things you should be thankful tomorrow when you sit at the table:

1. Still having a job.

2. Being JR's best bud.

3. PK believes you are a hockey god.

4. Still having a job.

Amen.

"If you don't have fans with lots of opinions, you're not in a very good market," Rutherford said.

99% of the fans want the same thing and have the same opinion. That's the part he doesn't get.

JR said he won't "make change to make change"....well of course not UNLESS it's obviously necessary. LOL If JR feels like he has the beat of the fans then he knows he himself is under pressure.

Make a change because it SEEMS necessary. If it doesn't work out, make more changes. Simple tactics.

I'm hoping it hasn't happened yet because a replacement is a difficult decision.

The Canes have played the most games in their conference and sit towards its bottom with 20 points. They have 59 games remaining and. assuming that 92 points is the magic number for a ticket to the playoffs, they need 72 points over those games to reach that level. This would require a record of 33-20-6. It isn't impossible, but given Mo's track record it is improbable.

The Canes have played the most games in their conference and sit towards its bottom with 20 points. They have 59 games remaining and. assuming that 92 points is the magic number for a ticket to the playoffs, they need 72 points over those games to reach that level. This would require a record of 33-20-6. It isn't impossible, but given Mo's track record it is improbable.

This is sobering.

Even playing better, this team as constructed is not going 33-20-6.

Does point out that "go for it this year at all costs" is out the window.

Still need a move, but that move has to work for more than this year.

Vermette under contract for a while still fits that bill.

An unsigned Hemsky does not.

We still need some kind of trade made.

Then next slide, a new coach and bring up the kids.

This is sobering.

Even playing better, this team as constructed is not going 33-20-6.

Does point out that "go for it this year at all costs" is out the window.

Still need a move, but that move has to work for more than this year.

Vermette under contract for a while still fits that bill.

An unsigned Hemsky does not.

We still need some kind of trade made.

Then next slide, a new coach and bring up the kids.

Yep ... Mo has got the Canes strongly positioned @ 14th in the Eastern Conf. now, holding at 20 points.

I'm soooo tired of hearing him say the same thing after every loss, and sooooooo tired of seeing ~$12 million do NOTHING on the ice. Time to address the team's BIG problems ... Mo, Kabs, & Staal

SUGGESTION ...

Fire Mo NOW.

Put Kabs on waivers and tell him where he can find a nice hotel in Charlotte for a while.

Sit Staal in the press box for a few games and let him get his head back together. Sticking him with Skinner and Ruutu has weaken their impact.

Had to edit the thread name again.

:deadhorse: Mo :deadhorse:

For the life of me, I don't know what more can be said about Mo. Time travel is possible, it's 2003 again.

The fat lady is singing. This season is O - V - E - R. As bad as it pains me, it's time to think about the future. I started this thread on October 10. A month and a half later, nothing has changed.

I really wish we had a "beating a Mo" smilie.

Edited by super_dave_1

How to fix this????

Address the security at the airport and the RBC Center.....because Mo keeps sneaking on-board the planes and into the locker room.

Only way I can figure he is still coaching.

It's the players Father's Weekend, and they will accompany the team to Ottawa. Mo is not getting fired while that is going on. I honestly expect a move will be made next Wednesday.

It's the players Father's Weekend, and they will accompany the team to Ottawa. Mo is not getting fired while that is going on. I honestly expect a move will be made next Wednesday.

Yeah....gee....none of their fathers would agree with that move would they? I and my son would be overjoyed.

Let's keep wasting games and time. No problem.

I seriously believe JR has given Mo ample time to see what he could accomplish with this roster. And the results suck.

If JR is unable to make a move that would strengthen the roster, then he needs to change the coach to see whether that coach could achieve better results with this roster.

I still firmly believe that there is talent on this team that Mo cannot untap. Give someone else a shot at it. I vote Jeff Daniels. If the season is over, let's see what the young guys can do. Daniels knows them and has coached them successfully in Charlotte. Mo has proven he hasn't a clue how to develop our young guys. I'm sick of seeing Boychuk, a 1st round draft pick, shuttled back and forth to play on the 4th line for 5 minutes.

Hmmm. Maybe the fathers will take care of the issue for us.

I thought we had a break for a few days after the Father's weekend event, and that would be a logical time for a change, if one is coming. I made a mistake while looking at the schedule.

I hope something happens soon, as there are some sanity issues in question around here. Nervous pill anyone?

As usual i was perusing the rumor sites for some hope of a trade or something but all i found was this:

"SPECTOR’S NOTE: C’mon, Rutherford, you’re tearing your fans apart! Do something! End this suffering. And no, I’m not mocking. Seriously, how low can this team go before management finally realizes it needs a coaching change? Right now, that’s the only real option this club has to turning things around. There’s no magical trade coming for fix things, and I’ve seen nothing to suggest they’re going to improve under coach Paul Maurice."

No matter what it keeps coming back to the same inescapable conclusion.

Not saying a coaching change is automatically gonna make us a playoff team but change has to start somewhere.

Edited by sandhillscaniac

LOL. Superdave, you sanity peddler.

What would make all this more tolerable, would be some form of open admittance that the organization made some bad moves, that they are accountable to the fanbase, and an explanation of what the franchise intends to do about it...........

........then bring in Daniels as interim coach for the remainder of the season.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Isn't Daniels the GM of the Checkers in addition to its head coach?

Right now, it doesn't seem as if the season can be salvaged. It would take an incredible turnaround to mske the playoffs. Fire Mo and to avoid any salary increase, make Brindy or Lewis the head coach. A change HAS to be made. Mo will not be the coach next year. Admit the changes for his year have been a disaster and start working for next year.