The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
super_dave_1

Coach Mo gone, confirmed by Mike Maniscalco and Chip Alexander| Coaching and how to fix it discussion

What would make all this more tolerable, would be some form of open admittance that the organization made some bad moves, that they are accountable to the fanbase, and an explanation of what the franchise intends to do about it

THIS

...is what I've been screaming for. Where is JR? Say something. It's time to man up, say you screwed up, and give us, the ticket buying, hard core fans, some idea of where this team is headed. Yes JR, you screwed up. What are you going to do to fix it? Where is one of your "state of the Canes" videos on CanesVision?

THIS

...is what I've been screaming for. Where is JR? Say something. It's time to man up, say you screwed up, and give us, the ticket buying, hard core fans, some idea of where this team is headed. Yes JR, you screwed up. What are you going to do to fix it? Where is one of your "state of the Canes" videos on CanesVision?

I'm fairly certain that such a curse-laden rant would not be fit for the jumbotron.

Isn't Daniels the GM of the Checkers in addition to its head coach?

Yup, which is why this won't happen. Too much to change for the Checkers. Right now, I'd take anyone to replace Mo. Maybe trade Mo to the Caps and we take Boudreau? :twilight-zone:

I still stand by my double standard comment about Mo VS Lavi. When you place a Mo point percentage of .503 up there, it doesn't look too bad, but let's look at the numbers of the guy we fired, in points percentage, for a fair comparison...

Laviolette Canes Record:

Overall 167-122-6-28 .570

07-08 43-33-0-6 .561

08-09 12-11-0-2 .520

I picked those 2 seasons specifically since it has been said that those 2 seasons were the reason for his firing. And yet, even with a totally injury ridden team, the record was right on par or better than the typical Maurice year.

So Maurice posts a 40-31-0-11 for a .555 last season, misses the playoffs, why is it not the same as the 07-08 season? If after 25 games, we see a team at .520, will we see the same behavior?

Lav missed the playoffs the 2 seasons after we won the cup. His 3rd, after 25 games, he was fired. (A travesty, IMHO)

Mo missed the playoffs the 2 seasons after we made it to the ECF. In his 3rd, after 25 games, if we are still hovering at or below .520, will we see the same treatment?

Call me a guy gunning for Mo if you want, but MY COACH IS GONE. If the guy that brought us to the promised land can be discarded in such a way, is it too much to ask that the same standards be applied for this guy?

Ok, we played it out. The final numbers are in after 25 games...

Laviolette Canes Record:

Stanley Cup WINNER

Overall 167-122-6-28 .570

07-08 43-33-0-6 .561

08-09 12-11-0-2 .520 FIRED

Mo Canes Record:

Stanley Cup LOSER

03-04 8-12-8-2 .433 FIRED

Overall 384-391-99-46 .496 (includes Whalers record too)

10-11 40-31-0-11 .555

11-12 8-13-0-4 .400

50 or so comments come to mind, but all I need to do is let the data speak for itself. If you don't want to do anything about this, back up the truck and haul this team back to Hartford, 'cause I'm not going to keep paying for a Paul Maurice welfare program. I've bought a ticket for every single game in Raleigh, and no this isn't a comment on my fandom being better than anyone else's. It's a comment on me making it known that I am not satisfied with the product I am buying, and requesting you make it better. Immediately.

Edited by hag65

Last night HAS to have been the last straw. JR gave Mo' some time to right the ship but it's fairly obvious at this point that a change is needed.

If Mo does stay, I have a promotion suggestion that could drive attendance. Let's have "Shock Night" where we put a shock collar on Mo and give buttons to those in attendance so they can shock him whenever a bad coaching decision is made during the game. Could be more exciting than what we've seen on the ice recently.

If Mo does stay, I have a promotion suggestion that could drive attendance. Let's have "Shock Night" where we put a shock collar on Mo and give buttons to those in attendance so they can shock him whenever a bad coaching decision is made during the game. Could be more exciting than what we've seen on the ice recently.

Pretty sure after reading some replies on this message board, that would just result in Mo "dancing" for the entire game.

Anyone else hearing Mo has been fired and Kirk Muller will be taking over?

Just saw Darren Dreger tweet this rumor. Seems as if Muller likes an aggressive forecheck and is an accountability type guy.

B

Well Boudreau is available and I think Muller might be a good choice. But don't worry fans, If JR does what he wants to do then Mo will be our coach FOREVER.

XM guys this morning pretty much agreed in Washington it was good cop/bad cop. Boudreau was a "nice guy/good cop", Dale Hunter leans more to the "hard axx/bad cop" side.

So, in some ways, Boudreau would be more of the same for the Canes. I really don't think he's in the cards.

It would be fun to watch his face turn red though. :)

Chip Alexander just tweeted that Mo is gone, per JR.

Chip Alexander

ice_chip Chip Alexander

Rutherford would not say who new coach will be. Expected to be Kirk Muller.

5 minutes ago

»

Chip Alexander

ice_chip Chip Alexander

Canes have fired Maurice, Rutherford says.

Just saw Darren Dreger tweet this rumor. Seems as if Muller likes an aggressive forecheck and is an accountability type guy.

I'm excited, lets do it, bring Muller to raleigh today. I thought about Bordeau for a minute but after watchin the "road to winter classic" last year I thought he was a softy, he does have a hell of a record though. Muller seems like a hopeful choice though he hasn't been an NHL head coach yet. It would be nice to get someone we know can do it at this level.

Breaking news:

@999TheFan 99.9 The Fan BREAKING NEWS...99.9 The Fan's Mike Maniscalco is now confirming that Paul Maurice has been fired as head coach of The Carolina Hurricanes.

Finally! Who will we bring in or promote? Discuss!

Quick find :)

Since we know who the new coach is, its probably a good idea to keep all the new coach talk in his own thread.

:banana:

:yahoo:

The season starts today! Nothing personal against Maurice, but this was long overdue. With a new coach, may we actually see....

Lines?

A Power Play?

Checking?

So excited to see what's coming.

Quick find :)

Since we know who the new coach is, its probably a good idea to keep all the new coach talk in his own thread.

Sure. I just had to post this! Sorry eh was fired but a change needed to happen.