The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo-1

Bill Simmons converts... world spins backwards!

Probably only a few people here would find this interesting but thought I would put it out there anyways. Long time B-ball supporter, sports journalist Bill Simmonshad this to say about hockey:

I realized something during last night's Kings-Blues game: I have never not enjoyed myself at an NHL game. I mean, what's not to love? It's a sport with the best in-game format (long period, long break, long period, long break, long period, go home), best regular-season in-game wrinkle (the shootout), best secretly awesome moment (any fight), highest percentage of "most likable players" (hands down), and highest percentage of "true fans in attendance" of the four major sports (indisputable). They fixed many of the sport's problems, made it better, and now we're here.

Interesting article overall as well worth checking out. NBA does not have the same luxury in their lockout that the NFL had, which could prove to be a boon for the NHL.

Very good stuff, nice to see other sports writers are noticing too. I'd love to see the NHL cash in on the NBA's problems.