The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
KJHillis

Chicago Fan Traveling to Raleigh 10/28

Hey everybody,

I am very excited that I get to travel from Columbia, SC to see the Blackhawks and Canes this Friday. As a Blackhawks fan and just an overall hockey fan in Columbia, especially with no Thrashers anymore, it is very difficult to go to NHL games. When I saw the Hawks were playing the Canes in Raleigh, I was definitely excited. I have always respected the Hurricanes and their fans for basically "toughing it out" in a region that usually does not have much interest in hockey. Anyways, I will be in 109 and am looking forward to a great experience. So, I guess my question is what can I expect? Is there a hockey friendly place to eat beforehand? And what should I look forward to/ watch out for? Thanks for all your help. I cannot wait. It will definitely be excited to see the Stanley Cup banners. So with all that said, look forward to hearing from you guys and good luck this Friday!

Edited by KJHillis

I hope you have a good time at the game. It has been my experience that most fans of other teams are welcome at the RBC. Maybe we can convert you to the Canes before the night is out.:lol: I have always liked the Blackhawks and I'm an ex Ranger fan. It should be a good game. As for places to go before and after the game someone who lives closer to Raleigh will have to give you some advise.

If you're looking for places to eat near the arena, there's the Backyard Bistro http://backyardbistro.com/, and then there's a Wendy's, and that's about it.

I've eaten at Qdoba's off Edwards Mill road on gamedays before and noticed Hurricanes fans there. There's other couple of other places to choose from in that shopping center Olde Raleigh Village, it's about a mile from the RBC.

Hey everybody,

I am very excited that I get to travel from Columbia, SC to see the Blackhawks and Canes this Friday. As a Blackhawks fan and just an overall hockey fan in Columbia, especially with no Thrashers anymore, it is very difficult to go to NHL games. When I saw the Hawks were playing the Canes in Raleigh, I was definitely excited. I have always respected the Hurricanes and their fans for basically "toughing it out" in a region that usually does not have much interest in hockey. Anyways, I will be in 109 and am looking forward to a great experience. So, I guess my question is what can I expect? Is there a hockey friendly place to eat beforehand? And what should I look forward to/ watch out for? Thanks for all your help. I cannot wait. It will definitely be excited to see the Stanley Cup banners. So with all that said, look forward to hearing from you guys and good luck this Friday!

Are you staying overnight in Raleigh or heading back to Columbia after the game? Backyard Bistro is a good place to eat before the game, and it is right across the street from the Arena. Or, you can plan to tailgate - I'm sure there will be folks tailgating before the game. There are also some pretty good vendor food options in the arena, but Backyard Bistro or tailgating would be cheaper options. :coollaugh:

If you are staying the night, head down to Glenwood South after the game. It is the nightspot mecca in Raleigh.

Are you staying overnight in Raleigh or heading back to Columbia after the game? Backyard Bistro is a good place to eat before the game, and it is right across the street from the Arena. Or, you can plan to tailgate - I'm sure there will be folks tailgating before the game. There are also some pretty good vendor food options in the arena, but Backyard Bistro or tailgating would be cheaper options. :coollaugh:

If you are staying the night, head down to Glenwood South after the game. It is the nightspot mecca in Raleigh.

I am staying in Raleigh. Thanks a lot for all your input. Go Hawks. Go Canes.

Have a great time, except , cant root for u guys that night :), but normally, i have always loved the blackhawks logo, and my wife had a childhood friend pass away last week, that was a huge blackhawks fan.. a good man..hope ur watching the game, hondo, friday night.. god speed.

Besides our own fans butchering the National Anthem in embarrassing fashion and the Hawks losing, hope you had a great visit. :)

Just wanted to say I enjoyed the game the other night. You guys played solid. It was a really fun experience. The guy with the vuvuzela was very annoying, but other than that it was an awesome time. Parking and traffic were a breeze, and everybody was respectful of all the Bhawk fans. Thanks!